LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the replacement fiberglass bumper fillers for full size devilles or fleetwood broughms any good? by good i mean thick fiberglass, little modification to get it right and shape and angles line up good. i want to get a real good repaint the my caddy and was wondering if fiberglass ones would be better because it doesn't warp and the color would not fade. also with fiberglass the fillers could be exactly fit or contured to the body. any input would be good. also does anyone who makes them? i've seen some for sale on ebay. thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,147 Posts
Originally posted by RollinSlow84@Dec 24 2003, 06:36 PM
are the replacement fiberglass bumper fillers for full size devilles or fleetwood broughms any good? by good i mean thick fiberglass, little modification to get it right and shape and angles line up good. i want to get a real good repaint the my caddy and was wondering if fiberglass ones would be better because it doesn't warp and the color would not fade. also with fiberglass the fillers could be exactly fit or contured to the body. any input would be good. also does anyone who makes them? i've seen some for sale on ebay. thanks.
I can sell you some used ones in great shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Bigthangs+Dec 25 2003, 12:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bigthangs @ Dec 25 2003, 12:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--RollinSlow84@Dec 24 2003, 06:36 PM
are the replacement fiberglass bumper fillers for full size devilles or fleetwood broughms any good?  by good i mean thick fiberglass, little modification to get it right and shape and angles line up good.   i want to get a real good repaint the my caddy and was wondering if fiberglass ones would be better because it doesn't warp and the color would not fade.  also with fiberglass the fillers could be exactly fit or contured to the body.  any input would be good.  also does anyone who makes them?  i've seen some for sale on ebay.  thanks.
I can sell you some used ones in great shape.[/b][/quote]
fiberglass ones? did you use them? how did they fit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,147 Posts
Originally posted by RollinSlow84+Dec 25 2003, 02:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RollinSlow84 @ Dec 25 2003, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 25 2003, 12:23 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--RollinSlow84
@Dec 24 2003, 06:36 PM
are the replacement fiberglass bumper fillers for full size devilles or fleetwood broughms any good?  by good i mean thick fiberglass, little modification to get it right and shape and angles line up good.   i want to get a real good repaint the my caddy and was wondering if fiberglass ones would be better because it doesn't warp and the color would not fade.  also with fiberglass the fillers could be exactly fit or contured to the body.  any input would be good.  also does anyone who makes them?  i've seen some for sale on ebay.  thanks.

I can sell you some used ones in great shape.
fiberglass ones? did you use them? how did they fit?[/b][/quote]
Not repros original GM equipment
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my originals are good, the whole thing is that i want to know about the fiberglass ones because i think they'll be better. thanks tho.

where in nyc you from?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,147 Posts
Originally posted by RollinSlow84@Dec 26 2003, 12:49 PM
my originals are good, the whole thing is that i want to know about the fiberglass ones because i think they'll be better. thanks tho.

where in nyc you from?
Q-boro dog
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,482 Posts
I got some fiberglass repops, I think it was from Autowerks.com or somethin' like that- they fit PERFECTLY.I personally think it's well worth it- the plastic GM fillers always look like shit after while- the sun deteriorates the stock ones- so you must have a garage!I also went the extra mile with mine, and lined the insides w/ an extra layer of fiberglass.I drag my back corners every time I hang a wheel. and not a crack/ scratch/ nada- buy 'em!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by CANUHOP@Jan 1 2004, 04:50 PM
I got some fiberglass repops, I think it was from Autowerks.com or somethin' like that- they fit PERFECTLY.I personally think it's well worth it- the plastic GM fillers always look like shit after while- the sun deteriorates the stock ones- so you must have a garage!I also went the extra mile with mine, and lined the insides w/ an extra layer of fiberglass.I drag my back corners every time I hang a wheel. and not a crack/ scratch/ nada- buy 'em!
thanks for the info!
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top