LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i welded my chains on the out side of the rear of the c-channel in the center then i ran the chain down to the chain mount on the axle i adjusted it about 10 times and i can`t get the car to 3-wheel over 10inchs i have 16`s in the rear and prohopper adjustable uppers

any help?

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
u sure ur chains are long enuf they should be about 14 inches with 16 in strokes

·
Registered
346 Posts
Is the car bridged , if it is maybe the hole ain't big enough to let it roll down the cyl. I had that happen when i did mine, second you don't need chains on a caddy you need weight!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Post pics of the axel and bridge setup

·
hydroblood
3,737 Posts
i got a 83 sedan, 8 batts, 4 pumps, 16s no chains no bridge, it 3s all day both sides, 4 switchs

·
More posts than Cornbread
9,662 Posts
Originally posted by low4life86@Sep 13 2006, 09:12 PM~6167601
u sure ur chains are long enuf they should be about 14 inches with 16 in strokes

Sounds right , Im running 12 inches with 14 In cylinders on my Box Caprice wagon. :thumbsup: But I can pause with out chains also, only reson im running chains is cause I ripped my upper trailing arms off twice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i got this thing figured out i had the chains in the right spot the problem was i was using the factory front springs in the rear i tossed them and added a set of 2 ton cut short and the bitch pause`s like a wet dream i will post pic on this topic and my other topic later tomarrow tonight :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Originally posted by Chris@Sep 13 2006, 06:14 PM~6167620
who needs chains :dunno:
X 100 ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Dumps@Sep 16 2006, 11:28 AM~6186066
:thumbsup:
Nice, but why does the front seem to come up so slow? I thought you had it coming up fast enough to hop.

I personally like to have the back come down slow though.
i wired all 3 pumps at 36v for a min til i get all my batterys and yea i need to slow the rear dump a bit

1 - 20 of 22 Posts