LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've talked to a few guys with tihs car and read a few random posts in all different threads. Among other things my main question is about the wheels, or more specifically which size of wheel.

This car currently has just the stock air system (modified to dump) and is able to lay all the way down on the bump stops. At this height (dumped that is) I need to know what fits. Since its not as big as it's earlier counter parts, I felt 13" (13x7) would look the best. The concern with this size is, will it clear the brakes, as far as a standard 13x7 I'd say no way, but possibly a rev. 13x7. but then the question of fender room comes in, So the real question is, will a reversed wheel fit in a 13" or 14" or is it just not possible? I dont want opinions, i want facts from the vatos who have done it or have seen it done.

EDIT: By the way, assume rims are covered with 155/80R13 on the 13" and 175/70R14 on the 14"

Last edited by Bagged_Conti at Dec 30 2003, 06:12 AM

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dammit, Anybody? Seriously, I KNOW 14x7 Standard will work. But i want reversed. but there is no way I want to go thru, or am able to afford buying two sets of rims. Someone help me out. PLEASE! :(

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by Bagged_Conti@Dec 30 2003, 07:34 PM
Dammit, Anybody? Seriously, I KNOW 14x7 Standard will work. But i want reversed. but there is no way I want to go thru, or am able to afford buying two sets of rims. Someone help me out. PLEASE! :(
14x7 reverse will work. i'm runnin 14x7 reverse on my 85 towncar and it lays frame all the way around and tucks with no problems. of course you will always have to lift the front a bit to drive and turn but other than that they will work.
13x7 reverse WILL rub your brake caliber without spacers. and in my opion it looks like ass with spacers! just stick to the 14's.
now i could be wrong about 13's rubbing your calliber, but on my lincoln and all other lincs i've seen (older lincolns) they rub. ;)
hope this helped

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks braddah thats exactly what I wanted and needed to hear. Right on :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts