LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
damn homie, hope you weren't driving the caddy when that happen. Were there any signs or sounds before it gave out? New is always best but used are OK to use as well. Compare prices and check the axle if it's straight and for any wear where the bearings go.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn homie, hope you weren't driving the caddy when that happen. Were there any signs or sounds before it gave out? New is always best but used are OK to use as well. Compare prices and check the axle if it's straight and for any wear where the bearings go.
was going 35 with the kids in the back seat they were yelling and the wife was upset might have to sell it for the hoime hook up to make the wife happy.:(

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
You know after seeing the damage it makes me wanna check mine on my 80 coupe. I hear a sound and was told its coming from the rear axle but not sure which side. Definitely don't want this happening me.

·
The Canadian
7,793 Posts
You know after seeing the damage it makes me wanna check mine on my 80 coupe. I hear a sound and was told its coming from the rear axle but not sure which side. Definitely don't want this happening me.
Definitely check. Mine was making a sound the other day too, went and checked and this is what I saw :wow:

1 stud had broke, and the 2 nuts you see on the right had completely backed off, only thing keeping them on was the wheel. So I was basically rolling with only 2 nuts holding on that adapter :eek:hno:

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Damn! That's scary right there. But on mine I took off the spokes n I'm on my stocks. Either way I still hear it no matter what I'm rolling on. Been told its the bearings but which side is what they couldn't tell me. But seriously do need to have it looked at.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts