LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Caddys 4100 is locked up and I have a friend that is selling his 90 Caprice for dirt cheap. The engine in it is a stock 350 and runs like a champ. Will that engine fit into my Caddy? Also is it worth it? I figured for the price of that car I could take the engine and sell the rest of the car and get most of my money back. ;)

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I take it no one knows if a Caprice 350 will fit into my Caddy...hmmmm.....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes it will fit no problem the 4100 and the 350 are interchangeable just be sure to use the caprices manifolds etc... you might have to have a exaust shop convert the downpipes so they will fit on the stock cat... but it is a common conversion...also 2 of the bolts that hold on the reanny wont fit but I have been told it is not a big deal if you have the rest on good

·
Registered
871 Posts
Is the caprice a police car (option 9C1 on the sticker in the trunk)? If not, then the engine, if original, is not a 350. You couldn't get a 350 in the Caprice unless it was a police package until 1993. Look on that sticker - L05 is 350, L03 is 305...

That said, the 305 is still better than the H(ook) T(ow) 4100 ;)

Hope this helps,
Jason.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by sweetwillyp@Sep 6 2005, 08:29 PM~3765499
Yes it will fit no problem the 4100 and the 350 are interchangeable just be sure to use the caprices manifolds etc... you might have to have a exaust shop convert the downpipes so they will fit on the stock cat... but it is a common conversion...also 2 of the bolts that hold on the reanny wont fit but I have been told it is not a big deal if you have the rest on good
I dont know about that manifold being the same shit :scrutinize:, but I do know that the engine will work, even with the original Caddy tranny. If you want to keep the fuel injection on the 305 or 350 you will need to use the Caprice's computer, MAP sensor, and wiring from the computer to the engine. The wiring should include the stuff the MAP sensor, TPS, distibutor and injectors. or you can go the other route and just use a Vacum advance distributor and a no electric carb like and older Q-jet or something.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts