LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 83 coupe deville the ac control works exept when i press the off button and doesnt turn off should i just get a new control this just happen today

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Originally posted by cartier01@Dec 23 2008, 11:47 PM~12513922
i have a 83 coupe deville the ac control works exept when i press the off button and doesnt turn off should i just get a new control this just happen today
Does the blower motor stay on with the car turned off ? I had a similar problem with my '84 Coupe. Hit me back, I have an original shop manual and can look this stuff up. By the way "MERRY CHRISTMAS" .

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the blower cuts of when i turn the car off

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the weather in tx is crazy so i can still use the ac one day is cold and the next can be hot

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE THE BUTTONS ON THE CONTROL HEAD ARE WEARING OUT.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so i should just look for a new one

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanxs for the help guys

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
My 83 coupe a/c acts weird as well. The a/c works fine but when the heater is on max or whatever the a/c compressor turns on and off. When i put it on economy heat the a/c doesnt do that. Also heat only comes out of the floor and defrost which I know in the non electric g body ones the vacuum isnt working. Is that also the case with the electric ones? Im not used to these old style electric ones, i cant get it to do what i want. In my 2000 deville you put it on 78 degrees and it keeps it absolutely perfect temp in the car at all times you dont feel heat or cold coming on.

sorry to jack the thread, i got similar problems ;)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Sounds like the climate control programer is not giving the correct action based on the input commands.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts