LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a kit to bag my 84 Caprice. I really don't know a lot about good prices, brands, what to get. I just know the basics.

I need a reliable kit, the cheapest route. I don't want junk, but I dont want to spend anymore than I have to.

Anyone want to piece together a good kit for me? Or direct me good places to buy (online)
What should I look for to get it fairly quick?

Let me know any advice, its appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
what type of body is the caprice? (ex. regal,monte, gran pix,cutlass are g-body)

·
Registered
115 Posts
The Caprice is a B-Body and is the same as the 91+ just different body style...in the front it’s the same as any A-arm setup
bags and cups you might need drop spindles if you really want to go low, unless you run small wheels (like most cars you build a kit around wheel/tire size) for the rear the factory 4-link will work with small wheel again but when you get into bigger rims the pinion angle really get screwed up so modifications will be needed to be done and also a C notch in the frame

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 20" wheels on it. I would like to get it to get up and down fairly quick, but for now I dont need it to hop or anything. Anyone know if they make bolt on brackets for my car? Or where to get them if so. I dont have a garage, so a lot of modification wouldnt be very possible. Id like to stay away from cutting or welding if its possible.

Thanks a lot for the help guys, keep it coming.

·
Registered
115 Posts
With 20's I’ll tell you now that a lot of cutting will need to be done if low is what you want...in the front the inner fenders will have to go the driveshaft tunnel will have to be raised and the frame will need a notch in the rear for sure, the problem with these cars is the 4-link doesn’t allow for much travel in the rear because the upper trialing arm are very short and it causes the rear-end to roll forward and in turn the wheels hit the inner fenders stopping the car from going down but if you want to see low go to www.streetlevelcreations.com and go to rides and look at my 91...it shows that the work is well worth it!

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How low do you guys think it would be without going to extreme...I mean if I used bolt on brackets, with no cutting.

My main concern is not really how low it will get, I just wanted to be able to lower it a bit if needed, or raise it a bit....basically just play around...if it doesnt scrape the ground I wouldnt be dissappointed. I plan to redo the whole car into a show car in the future (when I finish college) but for now I just want something I can play around with.

Thanks again for the help guys....and streetlevelcreatons, you have a badass Caprice, my friend has one like it...all factory though. Yours looks really good.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by woodpaneling@Nov 25 2003, 03:27 AM
How low do you guys think it would be without going to extreme...I mean if I used bolt on brackets, with no cutting.

My main concern is not really how low it will get, I just wanted to be able to lower it a bit if needed, or raise it a bit....basically just play around...if it doesnt scrape the ground I wouldnt be dissappointed. I plan to redo the whole car into a show car in the future (when I finish college) but for now I just want something I can play around with.

Thanks again for the help guys....and streetlevelcreatons, you have a badass Caprice, my friend has one like it...all factory though. Yours looks really good.
bump

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Im bumping this one last time....then Ill give up.. :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
ok you need an answer!....with no cutting at all and 20's most likely with in 3-4 inches from the ground. I mean it will look hammered and lower then any kit will give you but if you like me its never low enough

the front is a no brianer cups bolted on the top and bottom of the bag and just slip it in

the rear? no too sure there, im sure there is a bolt in kit somewhere

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks man.

So what should I look for in a kits as far as brands go?

Is it better to buy a total kit, or piece one together?

What size valves are needed to be fairly quick?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts