LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 84 cutlass supreme and im about to take out my 3.8 and tranny and put in a old 350 and turbo 350 tranny out of my 77 cutlass supreme, now i was wondering if this will be a pain in the ass to do or will i need to do any wild mods to make everything work, please help me out.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by 77cutdog@Sep 23 2003, 09:12 PM
i have a 84 cutlass supreme and im about to take out my 3.8 and tranny and put in a old 350 and turbo 350 tranny out of my 77 cutlass supreme, now i was wondering if this will be a pain in the ass to do or will i need to do any wild mods to make everything work, please help me out.
Why you dont like the 3.8 motor I got a 3.8 and it works great but I got it rubuilt.Or you just want more power if thats the case well go ahead ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the help man yea im going to use the alt, starter and so on wires, right now i have a 3.8 that came out of 79 cutlass and this carb has no plug ins on it at all.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Originally posted by 77cutdog@Sep 25 2003, 08:09 PM
thanks for the help man yea im going to use the alt, starter and so on wires, right now i have a 3.8 that came out of 79 cutlass and this carb has no plug ins on it at all.
I thought it was going to be all good when I did mine but the gas line was a pain in the ass! on my cutty line line was on the right(3.8) the fuel pump on my 350 is on the left

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i started to look and seen that and i showed my dad and he said look like we need to buy a longer hose, hey did you run into any more problems and anything else you can tell me.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
you might have to move your mounts on the frame your and exaust lead pipes will probably need to be changed you will need to change your fan shroud and rad i think the 3.8 rad's are smaller and your distributor wires might have to be relocated cause the 350 dist is in the back good luck :biggrin:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am useing the mounts off of my 77 moter and im taking care of the exaust, im useing my 77 fan shroud and new rad and the 77's distributor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts