LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is off topic but I didn't get enough help in the repair section. before getin hydros car handled good but now when I'm above 30mph it sways left to right anybody know how to fix this thanks

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
therell be a bit of swayin, i noticed that in my 5th ave after i juiced it

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
i took my front one off so i could do side to side easier

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It may be that I need the sway bar put back on but I think alot of people take theirs off?do they have this problem also?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
The "sway bar" only helps correct body roll (leaning). Most of the sway issues I have seen on juiced cars is caused by adding weight (batteries and pumps) to a car with tiny tires!

Try running a little more pressure in your tires to help with the added weight.

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
If you only have 1 dump and one check to the front and your not raised up all the way and your not down all the way, when you turn it will put more pressure on one side and push the fluid over to the side with less pressure. So your car will be uneven and seem to sway when you turn corners or hit uneven humps in the road

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDevilleDTS@Nov 18 2008, 02:47 AM~12185306
If you only have 1 dump and one check to the front and your not raised up all the way and your not down all the way, when you turn it will put more pressure on one side and push the fluid over to the side with less pressure.  So your car will be uneven and seem to sway when you turn corners or hit uneven humps in the road
True. So I guess polkcountyg needs to describe what "sway" means to him.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry it sways while I'm driving n a strait line n it sways as if I'm turning the stering wheel left n right it does it pretty bad n the faster I go the worse it gets the fastest I got was 50mph b4 I felt unsafe. My allighnment was fine b4 hydros thats y I dont think it needs one

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
extended arms?.....you may need an allignment

1 - 13 of 13 Posts