LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has sucsessfully swaped a sbc 350 in place of an olds 307 in a 85 cutlass. My 307 runs fine for 4 or 5 mins or so, with blown head gasget and all. I have a 86 chevy 350 4 bolt main complete with accessories sitting in my garage. I know i Will have to re-run my gas lines, and i will need new frame and motor mounts. DOES anyone know where i can get these mounts from, or what i am looking for? My tranny will bolt up to the shivey i was told at the trans shop. is there anything else i need?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
It's basically the same motor, so yes it's been done and is very easy to do .I'd be concerned with the metric trans, it might not hold up too long.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I've heard they r trash. In order to put in a chevy trans is there anything i need to change? mounts or anything. Do are my engine mounts some kind of special mount, or just somethin i can pick up at junkyard or parts store?

H

·
0 Posts
ask for motor mounts for a 1985 chevy monte carlo with a 305

look at the pan on your trans and post a pic of it
your best bet is to buy a turbo 350 nonlock-up trans it has to be a short tail trans

H

·
0 Posts
or look at buying a 200r4 trans but you will need to buy an aftermarket lock0up kit for it if you have an olds 350 trans that has the unibell housing then your fine

those motor mounts new are like $10 each

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i know the motor mounts are cheap but what about the fram mounts? r they junk yard only parts, or can they be purchased new also? if i put a chevy trans in will i need to change driveshaft? will i have to change rear diff?

H

·
0 Posts
i was talkin bout the frame mounts . the mounts on the block should come with the motor if you use a 350 turbo trans or the 200r4 then you can keep your stock drive shaft

·
Registered
12,864 Posts
theres alot of posts on this ver y topic if you search a lil bit on the forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts