LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, heres the deal, i want to put the fenderwells back in my regal, but i want some chrome metal ones, as you may know the og ones came plastic, i don't want that. i want some metal ones so i can chrome them. the question i have is, were there any gbodies that came with metal fenderwells that could possibly work. when i went to the LRM houston show, there was a cutlass there that had metal fenderwells but didnt get to talk to the guy. someone told me that 80's caprice fenderwells will bolt right up they just need to be cut in the back where it meets the firewall because they are too long, anyone know anything about or heard of this.....? any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Originally posted by 85_regal_ryda@Oct 2 2007, 06:19 PM~8918854
ok, heres the deal, i want to put the fenderwells back in my regal, but i want some chrome metal ones, as you may know the og ones came plastic, i don't want that.  i want some metal ones so i can chrome them. the question i have is, were there any gbodies that came with metal fenderwells that could possibly work.  when i went to the LRM houston show, there was a cutlass there that had metal fenderwells but didnt get to talk to the guy.  someone told me that 80's caprice fenderwells will bolt right up they just need to be cut in the back where it meets the firewall because they are too long, anyone know anything about or heard of this.....? any help would be appreciated.

THE GRAND PRIXS HAVE METAL ONES....

:cool:

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 78 GP has plastic. I suspect theyre all plastic. Since the GBody was a downside from the 70s ABody, GM would probably find weight-reducing solutions.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by HUEY HEFNER@Oct 3 2007, 01:26 AM~8921247
THE GRAND PRIXS HAVE METAL ONES....

:0 :0 :0 :0 :0 :0
got to find some now....gonna check on that, thanks alot homie.

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by 85_regal_ryda@Oct 2 2007, 09:19 PM~8918854
ok, heres the deal, i want to put the fenderwells back in my regal, but i want some chrome metal ones, as you may know the og ones came plastic, i don't want that.  i want some metal ones so i can chrome them. the question i have is, were there any gbodies that came with metal fenderwells that could possibly work.  when i went to the LRM houston show, there was a cutlass there that had metal fenderwells but didnt get to talk to the guy.  someone told me that 80's caprice fenderwells will bolt right up they just need to be cut in the back where it meets the firewall because they are too long, anyone know anything about or heard of this.....? any help would be appreciated.
Hi Chad,

our 86 Grand Prix had plastic ones..... :( there is a process for plating over plastic also there is that special paint system that works very well on plastic...

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Originally posted by blueouija@Oct 3 2007, 09:39 AM~8923386
Hi Chad,

our 86 Grand Prix had plastic ones.....  :(  there is a process for plating over plastic also there is that special paint system that works very well on plastic...

really dammm i seen a few at the junk yards and i seen that they had metal ones i was gonna get them for my regal at the time...

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by HUEY HEFNER@Oct 3 2007, 11:48 PM~8928491
really dammm i seen a few at the junk yards and i seen that they had metal ones i was gonna get them for my regal at the time...

well go get them for me.... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by HUEY HEFNER@Oct 4 2007, 12:48 AM~8928491

I'll have to find some pics

1 - 8 of 8 Posts