LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first got it, it ran good now it idles like it has a mild cam but as soon as I give it gas it smoothes out. Before all this started, this ticking sound started. I was real faint so I thought maybe an exhaust leak but it would come and go. So yesterday me and my buddy were cruisin in mine and his cutty and being switch happy. It ran fine, so we went thru BK's and I parked my car when I got back in it, it hesitated to start and then idled like it had a cam. my gas gauge was on E so I figured I was bout out of gas so I put gas in it and it still ran rough so I went home. this morning I went to sart and nothing kept trying and finally started but like it had a cam. I bought spark plugs and went to take #1 plug out and half of it broke off just by bumping it with the socket. But now it's raining and I couldn't finish.

So could that be why it was idling so rough and could that also be that ticking noise??? Any answers would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
that could be but it could also be a fuel pump problem for a couple reasons, the biggest being if u were low on gas you could have sucked up some shit from the tank and clogged the filter or pump. check if ur fuel pump is turning on properly, but if the plugs were really bad that could be the problem too!!

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
yup on the regal i had a plug covered in oil..valve cover leaking bad was the cause..anyway i did a tune up and all that went a way and no my lil bitch as 3.8 can chirp them from a dead stop :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts