LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at an cutlass brougham and i was told it was an 86 but when i looked at the frame it didnt seem to have a full frame. the front and rear frame was boxed fully but between the front and rear it seemed to be of a c channel frame if thats possible so is that what the frame on a 86 oldmobiel cutlass brougham would look like? it seemed it might have been a uni body
it looked like this under the car:
only 3 side of frame

===
[
===

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by BIGCRAIG@Aug 5 2005, 02:02 PM~3548045
IVE GOT AN 86 CUTTY AND THE FRAME IS BOXED THE WHOLE LENGTH
Yours was boxed from the factory?

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Originally posted by 91PurplePeopleEater@Jul 31 2005, 04:29 PM~3515500
i was looking at an cutlass brougham and i was told it was an 86 but when i looked at the frame it didnt seem to have a full frame. the front and rear frame was boxed fully but between the front and rear it seemed to be of a c channel frame if thats possible so is that what the frame on a 86 oldmobiel cutlass brougham would look like? it seemed it might have been a uni body
it looked like this under the car:
only 3 side of frame                 
                                                ===
                                              [
                                                ===

Its still a "Full Frame" car because it has a frame running the whole length of the car but it is "C" channel on the middle on all the G-bodies from the factory. Hell even full framed "X" framed impalas are "C" channel on the rear except the canadian frames.

Rob

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Originally posted by I Drag A55@Aug 6 2005, 12:15 PM~3552086
Its still a "Full Frame" car because it has a frame running the whole length of the car but it is "C" channel on the middle on all the G-bodies from the factory. Hell even full framed "X" framed impalas are "C" channel on the rear except the canadian frames.

Rob
hes right. G bodys come with C channel from the factory. none were built fully boxed, its a full framed cutty, dont worry just pay the man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts