LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a wiring harness for my alpine and plugged in the 12 pins, but there is a another wire that has 3 connections. They are orange, orange/black and grey. I got my radio to work but want to know what do I do with the illumination wire. I see dimmer on the harness and know the switched 12v is the accessory which I put on the red and the yellow I connected to the orange. What do the colors mean. I just want to know.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by DodgingBulletz@Aug 15 2005, 02:26 AM~3622198
Ok  I got a wiring harness for my alpine and plugged in the 12 pins, but there is a another wire that has 3 connections.  They are orange, orange/black and grey.  I got my radio to work but want to know what do I do with the illumination wire.  I see dimmer on the harness and know the switched 12v is the accessory which I put on the red and the yellow I connected to the orange.  What do the colors mean.  I just want to know.
1986-89 Cadillac Sedan Deville Stereo Information

Constant 12V+ Orange
Switched 12V+ Yellow
Ground Black
Illumination Gray
Dimmer Brown
Antenna Trigger Pink
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 4" x 6" Dash
Left Front (+) Tan
Left Front (-) Gray
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green
Rear Speakers 6" x 9" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Brown
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Dark Blue
Right Rear (-) Light Blue

I didn't understand most of that, maybe this will help...

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by DodgingBulletz@Aug 15 2005, 12:26 AM~3622198
Ok  I got a wiring harness for my alpine and plugged in the 12 pins, but there is a another wire that has 3 connections.  They are orange, orange/black and grey.  I got my radio to work but want to know what do I do with the illumination wire.  I see dimmer on the harness and know the switched 12v is the accessory which I put on the red and the yellow I connected to the orange.  What do the colors mean.  I just want to know.
Illumination hardly ever works. I wouldn't bother hooking it up. You'd probably need a relay anyhow.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the wiring info. I guess I have the radio wired correctly. However when I go to accessory the radio immediately goes on. Why would I need a relay? Just wondering.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by DodgingBulletz@Aug 15 2005, 08:46 AM~3625450
Thanks for the wiring info.  I guess I have the radio wired correctly.  However when I go to accessory the radio immediately goes on.  Why would I need a relay?  Just wondering.
To invert the illumination signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts