LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than the engine and body is there any other things that are different between the two kits? because i have an 87 that i put a trunk on and made the front to an ls front but i put hydros on it. i wanted to get the 86' kit to build but if it aint that much of a differance i could just modify it and get a corvette engine.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
I'm pretty sure the body, taillights, and rear bumper is the only difference.

FYI, my sources tell me that the regular notchback SS does not exist anymore, they probably fucked up the mold to make the Aeroback-dumbasses. So if you see em, jump on em.

K. Diaz

Last edited by BigPoppa at Jan 6 2004, 05:44 PM

·
Registered
139 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa@Jan 6 2004, 05:43 PM
they probably fucked up the mold to make the Aeroback-dumbasses.
you think it would be easier to just make a whole new one than try and change one up wouldnt you?

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by Rollin' Regal+Jan 6 2004, 07:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rollin' Regal @ Jan 6 2004, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigPoppa@Jan 6 2004, 05:43 PM
they probably fucked up the mold to make the Aeroback-dumbasses.
you think it would be easier to just make a whole new one than try and change one up wouldnt you?[/b][/quote]
no, cost wise, it's cheaper to modify an existing mold. That's why there's only a 76 Caprice, they used and modified the same mold for the 73 to 74 to 75 to 76.

K. Diaz

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by G-body_Hopper@Jan 6 2004, 04:44 PM
other than the engine and body is there any other things that are different between the two kits? because i have an 87 that i put a trunk on and made the front to an ls front but i put hydros on it. i wanted to get the 86' kit to build but if it aint that much of a differance i could just modify it and get a corvette engine.
got a pic of that LS front?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've seen those kit's around on ebay. nah i don't have pics, it's not that perfect, it still needs some work. but i'll try to get some pics.

Last edited by G-body_Hopper at Jan 6 2004, 09:18 PM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts