LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car runs great in park, once its in drive, n i press on the gas it dies, if i press slowly on the gas it goes, than if i dont let off n keep doin it, it dies, n e one know whats wrong?

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont know shit bout carbs, is the float hard to fix or change, or better off buyin a new carb, n u know where or n e one that has one to fit a 350 for cheap

·
Registered
42 Posts
floats really arn't that expensive but if you don't no anything about carbs it's kinda hard to change and not fuck anything up but a new or refurbished carb is kinda high you would prolly be better off takin it to a shop to get it replaced

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
11,239 Posts
If you got the cash just buy a new carter afb or edelbrock carb and it should solve your problem. If you dont got the cash but are mechanically inclined King of Rims is right, it sounds like a bad float or your carb just needs a rebuild.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
sounds like the accelarator pump to me. there is a small pump in the carb that gives an extra squirt of gas when you quickly accelerate. check all the linkage on the carb to make sure nothing fell off. it happens easily with the afb/edelbrock style carbs. if ieverything is cool, i would bet its the piston or diaphram on the pump.

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
so, pretty much it would be better in the long run just to buy a new one, than it wont be i think its this that wrong or that thats wrong, but if i buy a new carb, itll run like it should, right.... n n e one know where they sell cheap ones at, cuz around here they run around 100 i think, dunno if they run cheaper somewhere else..

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by didimakeyascream@Sep 6 2005, 04:44 PM~3763309
so, pretty much it would be better in the long run just to buy a new one, than it wont be i think its this that wrong or that thats wrong, but if i buy a new carb, itll run like it should, right.... n n e one know where they sell cheap ones at, cuz around here they run around 100 i think, dunno if they run cheaper somewhere else..
that sounds pretty cheap to me.. i think ive only seen them for 200+

hit up a junkyard....

·
Quit ur bitchin.
18,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya my bad, i just called n priced them their 350 for a new one from autozone, n junk yards around here r pricks n wont even look to see what they got, so i gotta run up there n see sometime..

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
i know what you mean... same story around where im at..

but just call and ask if they have any old chevys or something..... just to get in there, and so they know you're looking for "something.."

sometimes thats what i do... ill just ask for something somewhat common, when i find what i need, ill just run up to the office and ask how much if i take it off myself..... (theres a few junkyards up here that dont letyou take your own stuff off the car) 1- so they can charge you more, and 2- so people dont steal shit, or fuck up other shit in the car.....

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by SWITCHCRAFT@Sep 11 2005, 11:50 AM~3792623
just get a new edlebrock like someone else suggested.i have an 87 caprice and the stock carbs are crap i was going to rebuild it until i took it apart.....1 million pieces.......
DAMN, YOU ACTUALLY TOOK IT APART AND COUNTED ALL THE PIECES??????

:cheesy: :0 :cheesy: :0 :cheesy: :0 :cheesy: :0 :cheesy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.