LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found a nice '87 fleetwood for sale that I'm pretty sure I'm going to purchase for a daily for the next little while. I talked to the guy (briefly while he was at work)today and he said it's air-cared, runs great, and everything is good. From what I could tell it was in great shape. I always said I wasn't going to buy another 80's caddy unless it was another coupe but the price seems right and I dunno, something about this one kinda gave me a stiffy. Dude said (and the emblem on the back also indicated) that it has a 5.0 litre engine. Until now I was under the impression that these '80s lacs only came with the 368 or the dreaded 4100. 5.0 seems like a happy medium and I'd probably rather have the 5.0 than either of the other ones.
Does anyone know anything about this 5.0 litre? Is it just a gmc 305 or 307 or something different? Are they well-known for any problems they might have? anything in particular I should ask about the car? Also it's got one of those useless 5-digit odometers which says 32000km but he says it's probably gone around at least once which I do not doubt. Is there any way to find out the actual mileage? Any help will be much appreciated...

·
Registered
5,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright well apparently the caddy 5.0 is an olds 307 :( which i haven't heard too many good things about...

Anyone know about this part of the post?
Also it's got one of those useless 5-digit odometers which says 32000km but he says it's probably gone around at least once which I do not doubt. Is there any way to find out the actual mileage?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
i got a 307 it runs great is it a fleetwood brougham
or the fleetwood brougham delegance :cool:

id say get it if the price is right

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by OGJordan@Jul 28 2005, 10:03 PM
87 Fleetwood would be past the 4100 days.  I THINK those stopped in 85.
[snapback]3500916[/snapback]​
besides, an 87 fleetwood wouldnt have a 4100 i think it was only a rear wheel drive engine..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts