LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 87 regal and i wanna do a flip flop hood so wher ethe hood opens like a corvette type stuff but i dont knwo how to do i get hinges or do i use stock hinges if ne body knows wat to do or where to get hinges let em know and post some pics of the setup thanx

·
Registered
176 Posts
YEA PARK AVE. HAVE THE REVERSE HINGES. GO TO THE JUNK YARD AND GET A SET AND START LAYING IT OUT. DONT FORGET U HAVE TO LAY THE TRACKING DOWN AS WELL SO WHEN IT LEANS BACK 2 CLOSE IT HAS A RAIL 2 RUN ON.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps@Aug 15 2006, 08:35 AM~5971027
This hood was done with the original hinges.

the park ave hinges let the hood open over the front end thought i thing it looks better.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
damn that car is nice where do i set my hinges and shit can some one take me step by step and how do i do mine with my originals like that one

·
Registered
176 Posts
there really isnt steps. u just have to see a actual car with everything in place 2 get the idea. there are 2 hinges in the front of the car with a bar connecting both sides for i guess support. up near the top where on a original car the hinges are, well there is a place where the hood slides on a track. u will have to get the parts and then carefully refabriacate the parts to fit ur hood and frame. And keep in mind homie the top pieces I have seen on park aves are molded as part of the actual car so u might check into the upper slide rails being bought, and then again I may be wrong so check before u buy! when u get the parts off the1st car watch how u disassembl and how they are mounted. follow the pattern just to fit ur ride. Oh yea and one more thing homie take a tape measure and measure the park ave across the tension bar to make sure it will match urs. the hinges can be placed any where but the bar its self can only go so far across, and u want it to support ur hood as well as possiable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts