LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the situation...

i changed the front spark plugs but not the rear ones because i need to first buy jacks because the only way to reach them is with the car lifted :uh: so keep in mine it has 4 old spark plugs and 4 new ones...

i changed the cap and rotor... still havent changed the wires yet but thats next on the list...

now the main problem im having is it starts up no real problems but wen i press the gas and let go( 2 hear how it sounds) it kinda sounds lik it wants to shut off... but not electrical reasons more like its not getting anuff fuel maybe....there is fuel smell from the engine and in the back of the car... still havent changed the fuel filter but im askin 2 make sure wha it is.... it also makes a lil noise kinda like belt whine so it could just be that (the belts new)....

any advice?

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you caddyshack ill replace all the plugs in see if that solves the problem...ill let you know wha happens

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well.....its not that it runs fucked up it just i guess after i switched the 4 plugs it got worse but it could also just be its getting worse even if i switched the plugs out or not

i should be changing them 2morrow or saturday(days off)

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok i never worked on a fwd before so im not sure i just wanted to ask first ... i didnt kno were to put the jack stands so i put 2 on each side of the subframe i guess its called right where the wheels are and its up but i gotta go get 2 more stands 2day and for the back i dont see i mean...do i just put them were the "arms" are???

thanks again for all the help so far

1 - 9 of 9 Posts