LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, when it's first started there's a big cloud of smoke, it lasts a few seconds then it's gone. Then if I start it again after goin to the store or somethin, no smoke. What's goin on?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
what color smoke?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 1990 with the 4.3 liter, and the smokes a blueish. Don't know the miles off hand but I think around 100,000. It runs fine, just all that smoke at startup.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
BLUE SMOKE IS OIL TRY A HEAD JOB AND THAT SHOULD SOLVE THE PROPLEM. :cool:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Originally posted by cceregalboy@Sep 8 2003, 11:26 PM
valve guide seals?
what year and how many miles?
yup!!! you could replace them with the heads on the car but you will need to hold the vale up some how, compressed air or a nylon rope in the cyclinder through the spark plug hole

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Originally posted by dough916+Sep 9 2003, 09:05 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dough916 @ Sep 9 2003, 09:05 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--cceregalboy@Sep 8 2003, 11:26 PM
valve guide seals?
what year and how many miles?
yup!!! you could replace them with the heads on the car but you will need to hold the vale up some how, compressed air or a nylon rope in the cyclinder through the spark plug hole[/b][/quote]
Or you could make sure that cylinder is at TDC and then you should be able to do them without the valve going anywhere.... I would just take the heads off, then you know the head gaskets are good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts