LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you have to replace the whole header panel just to get the euro'd lights or can i just swap out the head lights and bezel?????? and how hard is it to wire up the new headlights?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Need the header panel, center part of the bumper, bumper fillers, and the two front fenders. You can buy the pig tails for the new bulbs at the auto parts store. GOOD LUCK. :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know thats for the full 90d out front end but ive seen in some pics people with the euro'd headlights only with the original bumper thats why i was wondering if i could just swap out lights for a cleaner look until i do the full 90

like this

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
They did some extreme cutting to the header panel.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so its possible then? lol im just looking to do it until i get all my shit together to do the whole 90 im planning on doing the full so figured id like to put that money for the header and fenders into the panels first :)

thanks for the help homie

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
in the pic what it looks like they did was got a complete 90s header panel but no bumper filler,bumper ends or fenders to complete the 90 kit. you can do that to. just have to cut the bumper fillers so they stop at the og fenders. ill try and find a pic.

you cant just put 90 lights in your 80s header panel. what most people do in your situation is get 90 caprice lights and put them in a 90s header panel. but just buying a 90s header with lights looks alot cleaner if you want the single lights up front instead of the 4 small 4x6 lights.

good luck homie :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
its a long process to 90 an 80 i have a 4dr and i just got done 90ing it and if its ur first time doing it...it tends to get fusterating but to wire it all up its all the same thing just the plugs are different same wires though

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
its very simple to place on, all you have to do is the bolt that is found behind the corner lamp(the one that lights up when you turn) you have to make a new hole because the newer headerpanel is higher that the stock one. Everthing else bolts up the same to the radiator support. The wiring is simple all I did is splice the wires from the euro lights to the lights on my car. Just follow the color on the wires, it's the same color. On the one pictured here, they were not able to use the bumper filler because the 90 is longer. I used the 90 bumper filler(one under headlight) but I modified it to fit and I also used the bumper strips for the bumper again I cut and modified them back together(had to splice them in 3 spots and place them back together). I made mine like this because it's different. Here are some pics.

I've seen some where there cut and placed and the lines continue to the end of the bumper, mine well, are to made end like if they were on the 90 bumper.

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Nov 19 2008, 10:43 PM~12206871
do you have to replace the whole header panel just to get the euro'd lights or can i just swap out the head lights and bezel?????? and how hard is it to wire up the new headlights?
you have to change entire headerpanel, the inside/behind the lights on a stock caddy and the one that is euro are different. :cool:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Jan 3 2009, 11:47 AM~12593173
i went and bought a complete 90 for my swap thanks anyway guys!
if you have any probs you have my number , give me a call.... ;)

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Can someone clarify the size difference between the 80's and 90's header panel? Above it was mentioned that the orange lac's header panel was cut to fit. I found a 90 at pick and pull with all the parts and I was going to just get the header panel and lights and grill since I don't want to fully 90 it.

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by crucialjp@Jan 5 2009, 10:50 AM~12610564
Can someone clarify the size difference between the 80's and 90's header panel? Above it was mentioned that the orange lac's header panel was cut to fit. I found a 90 at pick and pull with all the parts and I was going to just get the header panel and lights and grill since I don't want to fully 90 it.
shorter bumper ends on the 80's where the 90's wraps around to the tires.....other than that , the measurements are the same.

·
IGOTABIG
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by crucialjp@Jan 5 2009, 11:50 AM~12610564
The headerpanel on the orange lac was not cut, I said that the fillers (that go uner the lights) were not used because obviously they are longer than the stock ones. Mine are cut (again the fillers under the lights from the 90 Brougham) to fit this gap because you can't put your old ones because this euro headerpanel does sit higher than the stock one. If you are only changing headerpanels then yes there is a slight difference in height, if you are changing out the entire front clip then there is no problem there; everything bolts up. Have you noticed that the headlight filler (as they care called, the ones under the lights) are thicker from 90-92 than the ones from 80-89. This is where the height difference is. LMK if you have any questions that I can help you with. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Originally posted by dj kurse 1@Jan 5 2009, 09:50 PM~12616751
The headerpanel on the orange lac was not cut, I said that the fillers (that go uner the lights) were not used because obviously they are longer than the stock ones. Mine are cut (again the fillers under the lights from the 90 Brougham) to fit this gap because you can't put your old ones because this euro headerpanel does sit higher than the stock one. If you are only changing headerpanels then yes there is a slight difference in height, if you are changing out the entire front clip then there is no problem there; everything bolts up. Have you noticed that the headlight filler (as they care called, the ones under the lights) are thicker from 90-92 than the ones from 80-89. This is where the height difference is. LMK if you have any questions that I can help you with. :biggrin:

Cool, I saw the difference in the fillers, I just never heard about the height difference of the header panel. I will go to Pick and Pull and take some measurements.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
im gonna do this with my coupe i think it looks better this way if your not planning on fully 90ing out your car keep your 80 bumper

1 - 19 of 19 Posts