LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

41 - 60 of 368 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Apr 22 2007, 10:39 PM~7751126
the 90-96 speed sensor is different than anything used in the 80's
I Know, but if you get the whole harness it works ;)

·
HOME BREWED, NO HELP
15,756 Posts
also it reads at least to 80. im not sure of the accuracy of it though.....

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
thank bro :)

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
TTT

I love this thread it actually has info and meaning

..but I dont really like the digi dash so until the analog breaks I wont even bother.

:cool:

·
HOME BREWED, NO HELP
15,756 Posts
so true .....

·
CADILLAC MAFIA
15,201 Posts
Originally posted by One Luv@Apr 27 2007, 12:39 PM~7786909
yes because they dont have a VSS

what do you do then?
I'll put all you guys up on Game.... here it GO's homies....... :biggrin:

VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR FOR EARLY CADI'S "80, 81"

On EFI systems the speed sensor is incorporated within the ignition distributor, and consists of two components . The second is a rotor with two magnets attached to it and rotating with the distributor shaft.
The rotation of the magnets past the reed switches causes them to open and close, providing two signals: one for synchronization of the ECU and the proper injector group with the intake valve timing; and the engine rpm for fuel scheduling.

On the DFI systems the engine speed signal pulses are picked up by an electronic module in the distributor. The pulses are sent to the ECM where they are used to calculate engine speed and spark advance....... ;)

·
CADILLAC MAFIA
15,201 Posts
Originally posted by MR.LAC@Sep 25 2007, 10:21 PM~8871748
I'll put all you guys up on Game....  here it GO's homies....... :biggrin:
VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR FOR EARLY CADI'S "80, 81"

On EFI systems the speed sensor is incorporated within the ignition distributor, and consists of two components . The second is a rotor with two magnets attached to it and rotating with the distributor shaft.
The rotation of the magnets past the reed switches causes them to open and close, providing two signals: one for synchronization of the ECU and the proper injector group with the intake valve timing; and the engine rpm for fuel scheduling.

On the DFI systems the engine speed signal pulses are picked up by an electronic module in the distributor. The pulses are sent to the ECM where they are used to calculate engine speed and spark advance....... ;)
If you need some more help installing the digital cluster, dash or have a problem with it WELL just bring it to me...... ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I did my 87 fleetwood with a 91 digi dash and my speedo will go to 188 the fastest I drove was 135 mph so I don't know what lowrider was talking about it only goes to 80mph

·
CADILLAC MAFIA
15,201 Posts
Originally posted by ghettoslick1@Sep 26 2007, 03:27 PM~8876163
I did my 87 fleetwood with a 91 digi dash and my speedo will go to 188 the fastest I drove was 135 mph so I don't know what lowrider was talking about it only goes to 80mph

x2 :thumbsup:

·
CADILLAC MAFIA
15,201 Posts

41 - 60 of 368 Posts