LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get through more than a few pages of searching before I get booted off so sorry if this is a frequently asked question. I have a 91 Caprice wagon and would like to use it on an 82 Caddy coupe. Are these the same or close? I don't have both cars at my house yet to measure anything.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
the caddys are longer if i am not mistaken..
i had a link, but you can look up the wheelbase on edmunds i think....

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the new Caddy Fleetwoods have a longer frame but I've never measured the old style Caddies. I wish this site didn't get overloaded so often. Its a bitch to find anything. I'll keep checking anyone else know for sure?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
they wont fit, the caddy frame is longer. Also the Caddy frames from 77-96 are the same, and the Caprice frames from 77-96 are the same as well.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I new I couldn't get that lucky. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Originally posted by lowrider_620@Sep 11 2006, 08:47 PM~6152975
are the coupes and 4 doors the same to.

Yes... even the floorboards are the same... ;)

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not yet but its a wagon frame which is a full boxed frame with no C-section in the middle so I was hoping it would fit since it would be a stronger base to start from. Are you looking for a wraped frame? Where you from?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Originally posted by michaels29@Sep 21 2006, 03:33 AM~6215774
wagon frames usually are differant in the rear than a sedan or coupe to account for the rear floor they have a differant part # than coupes or sedans. :biggrin:
so are you saying that it wouldn't fit?

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think the shape of the frame is much different. It will have a different part# since the sedan frames have the C-section in the middle. I think they did a full box on the wagons since they are built to hold 9 passengers and usually do some towing as well.

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not to worried about it anyway. I'll just build my wagon and sell it later when I'm ready to start on my Caddy. I just figured it would be cool if I didn't have to wrap two frames.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts