LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who wants to put the biggest wheels possible on his 91 Caprice. He wants to put 24" wheels on it. The only problem is it has the fender skirts in the back. How big could he fit on there? What modifications would he need to do to get them on there. I know some of you guys think its stupid to do that, but I would appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was planning on lifting it a bit, but do you think he would need to lift it high enough to where the top of the rim would be lower than the skirt? If so, I will have to talk him out of doing that. He likes weird shit sometimes.

·
Registered
82 Posts
THIS WONT WORK NOT POSSIBLE

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
Originally posted by popodonna@Jan 7 2004, 06:29 PM
THIS WONT WORK NOT POSSIBLE
Prove that this wont work bro cause as far as I am concerned anything is possible with $$$$$$$$. As far as how high you have to lift it who knows. Good luck, If thats what he want to do it can be done.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, anything is possible. Hes has a lot of car experts in his family, so I know he can get it done....just wondering what all it would take to do it.

Thanks for the replies guys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here it is before the 24's

THe beat

What it did look like but got stolen in front of our local mall.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mostly all you have to do is lift it as high as you can.We put gabriel air shocks in the back with suburban springs front and back with 2 spacers and cut alittle ib the back and alittle in the front. My next project were gunna cut the frame and reinforce it so we can turn real sharp. first time a seen it there was a box chevy at a light and he busted a sharp ass U turn me and my homeboy was like what the fuck and asked him what all he did to the car.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What about the older box Caprices? What did you do to those...I was planning on bagging my 84, but I think I might change my plans. I really like your cars...I don't see how anyone can say they don't look good.

I have a few more questions, if you don't mind answering them...

How well do they turn, and drive with the big rims....Do the wheels rub at all? Did you cut out the wheel wells? Do you have any more pics, such as the wheel wells, or in the engine compartments....

Thanks a lot for the replies...the help is really appreciated.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about the older box Caprices? What did you do to those...I was planning on bagging my 84, but I think I might change my plans. I really like your cars...I don't see how anyone can say they don't look good.

I have a few more questions, if you don't mind answering them...

How well do they turn, and drive with the big rims....Do the wheels rub at all? Did you cut out the wheel wells? Do you have any more pics, such as the wheel wells, or in the engine compartments....

Thanks a lot for the replies...the help is really appreciated.

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Jan 6 2004, 11:39 PM
probably not possibly without a big lift kit for the car
:cool:

i think youll have to cut the firewall and change this springs in the front. and even then you wont be able to u-turn( got that from cardomain :biggrin: )

thats for the open rear wheel wells though

Last edited by the_cat at Jan 13 2004, 05:35 AM

1 - 20 of 23 Posts