LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...I have a 93 & a 95 fleetwood big body... recently I noticed that the cooling fans were not running, I checked the fuses, the thermostat and the fans, I ran the fans direct to the battery and they work, I let the car warm up but they won't kick on....I have to run a straight wire to the battery everytime I ride out...anyone ever have this problem.... :(

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by k gee™@Oct 8 2006, 11:12 PM~6332216
well if its like the impala...the secondary fan wont run until its extremely hot..
i dont have my head on to diagnose it properly tho.
im pretty sure the one fan runs all the time

Thanks.... I appreciate it, mine has the LT1 motor

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
The one on the drivers side is the primary fan, and comes on when the engine is over 215° only. That means it won't come on for quite some time if you're just starting the engine up and looking under the hood. The passenger side fan is the secondary, and only comes on when the AC is in use or in emergency situations.

You said you checked all the fuses and relays and everything is good, right? Hit your AC button and see if a fan comes on. Also, if you disconnect your coolant temperature sensor plug, both fans should immediately come on.

If all that is true, try this: Disconnect your battery for a while, say 1/2 hour. I was in the same situation as you last year, new coolant temp sensor, everything was good. I disconnected the battery for a while, and when I reconnected it everything was peachy. If that doesn't work, you could try running codes to see if anything is being thrown. Also, in the meantime, you can just run your AC to keep the fan on instead of doing the hardwire thing.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Oct 9 2006, 09:06 AM~6333453
The one on the drivers side is the primary fan, and comes on when the engine is over 215° only.  That means it won't come on for quite some time if you're just starting the engine up and looking under the hood.  The passenger side fan is the secondary, and only comes on when the AC is in use or in emergency situations.

You said you checked all the fuses and relays and everything is good, right?  Hit your AC button and see if a fan comes on.  Also, if you disconnect your coolant temperature sensor plug, both fans should immediately come on.

If all that is true, try this:  Disconnect your battery for a while, say 1/2 hour.  I was in the same situation as you last year, new coolant temp sensor, everything was good.  I disconnected the battery for a while, and when I reconnected it everything was peachy.  If that doesn't work, you could try running codes to see if anything is being thrown.  Also, in the meantime, you can just run your AC to keep the fan on instead of doing the hardwire thing.

Hey thanks I have'nt tried that yet...I'll do it today...I appreciate all you's guys input..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts