LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92' caddy and i was wondering how hard it would be to install bags myself and how much it would be for a descent set. i had my eye on the big red maxx by air ride technologies. are those any good :cool:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Originally posted by lil_krazy@Sep 19 2003, 08:52 PM
i have a 92' caddy and i was wondering how hard it would be to install bags myself and how much it would be for a descent set. i had my eye on the big red maxx by air ride technologies. are those any good :cool:
I talked to CP (Cris Ponder) a few months back about possibly bagging my 91 Brougham----seems like the rear is cake..but the frame has to be modified in the front to accomadate the airbag and keep from ripping/damaging it---then with the modified frame you run the chance of the framing giving trouble b/c of being weakened form being notched----seems like juice is the way to go.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Originally posted by Cincycaddy+Sep 19 2003, 09:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cincycaddy @ Sep 19 2003, 09:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--lil_krazy@Sep 19 2003, 08:52 PM
I talked to CP (Cris Ponder) a few months back about possibly bagging my 91 Brougham----seems like the rear is cake..but the frame has to be modified in the front to accomadate the airbag and keep from ripping/damaging it---then with the modified frame you run the chance of the framing giving trouble b/c of being weakened form being notched----seems like juice is the way to go.[/b][/quote]
its cake you dont need to notch the front frame if you run the unversal air bag because they are narrower and weld a perch on the axle thats about it caz i already did it on my brougham all send pix when i get them

Last edited by chubsdaddycustoms at Sep 23 2003, 02:49 AM

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tried the universal bags (doubleplays) in the front of a couple of cars (buick wildcat being one) and they got all out of shape and rubbed. They are great for going straight up and down but I wont fit them in the front no more. And yes they were mounted correctly!.
Some applications might be OK but I think you are better to cut out what you need to and use a 2600# bag. Be it Firestone or Airbagit.com.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
UAS has single bellow bags that they sell for frnt suspensions. They sell the Air House line which is less that 6 inches in diameter, 2 inch compressed height, 8.5 inches extended. If you check their webste, the Double Play is meant for rear suspension only.

By clearing out the spring pocket properly you wont have any problems with frame weakening. When pple cut out the frame pocket and remove too much material, or leave sharp corners when making he cuts then they can have issues. If you are really worried, you can plate the surrounding area where youve cut the pocket and should set. That car has the same frame as all the GM fullsize cars in that generation and they are a very easy car to bag.

·
Registered
139 Posts
if nothing else works you could try air cylinders in the front?? is it front wheel drive?? i have a front wheel drive caddy and i could fit air bags so i went with air cylinders. i have the big red vlaves they are good and work great for me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts