LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 4 12 that i want to install into my 92 town car, i want to noe wat kind of box shuld i get that would fit in my trunk. i lso want to noe wat kind of amps i shuld het to pushe the 4 12. just to let u noe der is a tank of air in ma trunk its located on the left side. thank you

·
Registered
12,557 Posts
Originally posted by SH4RKZ@Mar 2 2010, 10:54 PM~16779540
i have 4 12 that i want to install into my 92 town car, i want to noe wat kind of box shuld i get that would fit in my trunk. i lso want to noe wat kind of amps i shuld het to pushe the 4 12. just to let u noe der is a tank of air in ma trunk its located on the left side. thank you
how many amps to the air??because my setup is going to be 70 amps(air) and my stock altanotor is 65 amps :( So I to need to upgrade my shit to then, I'll add some bass when I Upgrade the alternator and batt :biggrin:...also what subs do you got

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
here is my lincoln about 2 years ago before I got hydraulics...funny I had a tank also on the left lol....I was running 3 - 12" MTX 4500's and 1- 12" MTX 5500 powered by a Volfenhag 2000 watt amp for 2 subs and a Kenwood 1600 watt amp for the other 2. I had the sub bridged by the way. Had a capacitor also because my lights were dimming like crazy...you might need 2 capacitors because my lights were still dimming a bit with the 1 capacitor. hope that helps :biggrin:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Depends on the air space for the subs a box like the one you had is probably out the question
maybe a volcano style box I got a 93 so I know there is plenty of room
what kind of subs are you running ?
Also there is a harness under the hood that tends to make the lights flicker worse than normal
and an alternator upgrade is in order plus a back up battery look for kinetic batts and power master makes a 200 amp alt in chrome too!

Didn't look at the avis my bad yea a box like homie will be to bulky for 4 12s
best bet is to group em in the center of the trunk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts