LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, i'm tired of bags blowin out in the front from rubbing. I'm only running 2500 Firestones and their still not small enough to keep from rubbing. Can anyone help me out? I really don't want to cut and redo my a arms so is there any other way to keep from rubbing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
110 Posts
What are they rubbing on ? Do they rub when fully aired up?

Try running a slam bag because it does not "balloon" as much as the firestone.

Hit me up if you want a cheep price on some slams. Thanks man. And Good luck. Pics would help.

Rob.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, ill try and get some pics of the bags tonight. I have slams in the back but I didn't want to pay the price for them for teh front because it rubs, I think they rub when its fully slammed because when its up it doesnt touch anywhere.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by SPININX@Sep 7 2005, 01:51 PM~3769534
I had the same problem when trying to run the firestone 2600 up front in my 02 explorer. I went with a single bellow universal air bag. So far no problems and just about the same amount of lift.
I may have to look into that cause my 2500s aint givin me enough lift. thanks for the info man.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SPININX@Sep 7 2005, 01:51 PM~3769534
I had the same problem when trying to run the firestone 2600 up front in my 02 explorer. I went with a single bellow universal air bag. So far no problems and just about the same amount of lift.

by the way you talkin about the hopping bags they have? like these....

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by dUBCADILLAC@Sep 7 2005, 10:22 AM~3768436
Alright, i'm tired of bags blowin out in the front from rubbing. I'm only running 2500 Firestones and their still not small enough to keep from rubbing. Can anyone help me out? I really don't want to cut and redo my a arms so is there any other way to keep from rubbing? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Weren't you the guy bragging how great and trouble free air bags were???Caught you in your own lies!Maybe it's from those big inch hops you were talking about!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by lowdeville@Sep 8 2005, 10:19 AM~3775253
Weren't you the guy bragging how great and  trouble free air bags were???Caught you in your own lies!Maybe it's from those big inch hops you were talking about!! :biggrin:

ummmm...fraid not buddy, my caddy dont hop and I wasn't bragging about how trouble free air bags were...........ive had nothin but trouble with mine.....

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
Originally posted by dUBCADILLAC@Sep 8 2005, 09:42 AM~3775337
ummmm...fraid not buddy, my caddy dont hop and I wasn't bragging about how trouble free air bags were...........ive had nothin but trouble with mine.....
K sorry man,someone has the same avatar as you then!
Shoulda got hydraulics I guess! :biggrin:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i hope nobody has the same avatar as me, thats my car........and as for the draulics comment, I would have done draulics if I knew anything about it. I knew how to hook up bags so I hooked up bags......

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ttt, alright what do i have to cut to get the clearance I need? I cant see it being safe cutting up in the front suspension but I want more lift and I know bigger bags will just rub more..................

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by 85rockerdraggins10@Sep 14 2005, 09:00 PM~3816830
dont blow two more bags sell the two bags and buy the right ones it would be a total wastw of 2 bags to put em on knowing theyre gonna blow.

I put them on, not a bad install, the front is cups and just sits where the spring was, tellin me is a bad install is just wasting my time, I know i need to cut some stuff but thats why im here asking wtf I need to do because im sure others have encountered this problem. Thats like someone sayin their having engine problems and you saying ah its from not taking care of your motor right......its worthless information. And second of all I have airlift 2500lb bags on there right now that have alot of rubbing on em. the spair bags im talking about are from teh back because I got some slams for more lift in the back and im left with my 2500 firestones, no ones gonna buy em for any worth wild amount of money, their 2 years old.......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts