LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for my full custom '93 Fleetwood build up. I'll be doing a frame off, full chrome undercarriage, Kandy Paint w/ murals, 4 pump set-up w/ hardlines, elabarate leather interior and plenty of other stuff.

When I first bought this Lac my intentions was to swang the shit out of it. The more I planned to do to it, the more & more custom I was going w/ it. Finally, I made the decision to go all out w/ it to full custom, but staying out of the radical class. I got me something else to swing. :biggrin:

I bought this '93 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham for $2500. It had 71,000 orginal miles on it & ran like a champ. The color was the factory "Gunmetal Gray" w/ matching gray leather interior. It also had an off gray vinyl top. All of which you can see in these pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The only bad spot was the frt. bumper & it had to be replaced. For those who don't own a Big Bodi, the frt. & rear bumpers are about $750 ea. However, I found one in a junk yard in N. Carolina. It was in good shape except if you look close you could see tiny rust pits starting. Can't have that shit so the new/ used frt. bumper & the back bumper that was on the car, will be sent for re-chroming...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I had the new wheels wrapped w/ the new rubber, I was gonna start the frame off and start the install of the hydros.
After I put the wheels on we took it & my Expedition to a show in ATL., GA. On the way back, the frt. driver side wheel comes off doing about 80. It tears up half the driver side of the car. Fucks up 2 rocker panels, fender, wheel, adapter, knockoff & driver door- couldn't even open it.
Needless to say I was furious. :angry: The shop that put my wheels on didn't tighten it down good.
So, my plans got rearranged a lil' bit. Since I had to do body work to fix what the wheel fucked up, might as well do all the body work.
Heres some starting body work. Small dings, rockers removed, & little shit...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After I started sanding the hood, I could tell someone had done some painting on the hood once before. The more I sanded I could tell I needed to go ahead & take the hood on down. You could see small spots that looked like rust starting under the primer.
Whoever did the work before let some moisture get on the metal & sprayed over it. Now it was working its way to the surface.
Heres pics of the hood being worked & frt grille, headlights, frt bumper, & marker lights removed...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Small dings & what-not fixed. Places not repaired/that were okay, I scuffed w/ a red scuff pad. Went ahead and removed rear bumper, taillights, tag flap, & rev lights. Also removed the trunk so I could work it separately. Time for more primer...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Removed inside door panels for better access to scuffing the door jams & for paint coverage. After scuffing door jams, I ground out all the spot welds, filled them in & worked the door jams just as an extra step in smoothing.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kinda hard to see in these pics but all the body work is done & ready for spray. Took these pics w/ my phone... I know my Expo is in the way a little...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm really anxious to get the Kandy & murals on. However, I started thinking... Damn, if I spray this thang, have the muralist do his work, then when I'm changing tops get some of the glue on my fresh paint & fuck it up I'm gonna have a cow!!!!!
So, I decided to go ahead & change the top before spraying the car. I went back w/ a white vinyl that has a texture close to the original one. I didn't wanna go w/ the vinyl that looks like hide. The one I had put on has the same small "squares" like a factory top. I guess its just like a factory white one. Sorry about the pic quality, took these w/ my phone as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bought a new/ used frame off of a '94 Fleetwood. The junk yard was supposed to give me a bare frame. They left half the suspension on... rear trailing arms-upper & lower, frt. sway bar, steering linkage, rotors, a-arms, fuel lines, entire exhaust system, some wiring, etc... Which thats all good, I can use the parts but it threw a kink in my plan b/c I was taking the frame from the junk yard directly to sandblast to have it blasted. Guess I couldn't have really expected more from a junk yard...
Now, I gotta remove all the shit they left on so I can get it blasted. I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 17 2005, 11:37 PM~3836049
I just bought a new/ used frame off of a '94 Fleetwood. The junk yard was supposed to give me a bare frame. They left half the suspension on... rear trailing arms-upper & lower, frt. sway bar, steering linkage, rotors, a-arms, fuel lines, entire exhaust system, some wiring, etc... Which thats all good, I can use the parts but it threw a kink in my plan b/c I was taking the frame from the junk yard directly to sandblast to have it blasted. Guess I couldn't have really expected more from a junk yard...
Now, I gotta remove all the shit they left on so I can get it blasted. I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

nice .... :thumbsup: ...where in AL. u live?,,i was born in Huntsville,,and lived in FLorence 5 years ago.. for like a year and half

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by wired62@Sep 18 2005, 10:47 AM~3837024
nice .... :thumbsup: ...where in AL. u live?,,i was born in Huntsville,,and lived in FLorence 5 years ago.. for like a year and half
:biggrin: Funny. I live in Florence. Small world. Too bad you don't live here now. We could have been getting down on these Big Bodies. God knows I need some lowrider buddies right about now around here! Fuckin ricers & buckets on big wheels is driving me crazy!!!!!!

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 18 2005, 11:07 AM~3837292
:biggrin: Funny. I live in Florence. Small world. Too bad you don't live here now. We could have been getting down on these Big Bodies. God knows I need some lowrider buddies right about now around here! Fuckin ricers & buckets on big wheels is driving me crazy!!!!!!
u know chad that had the 63 with juice?..or junior that had the cutty with juice?...i worked at AUTO ELECTRONICS for a good while,when the store was open in FLorence......i knew alot of people ther for the time i was there :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by wired62@Sep 18 2005, 12:51 PM~3837556
u know chad that had the 63 with juice?..or junior that had the cutty with juice?...i worked at AUTO ELECTRONICS for a good while,when the store was open in FLorence......i knew alot of people ther for the time i was there  :biggrin:
Not sure about Chad, but that cutty first belonged to lil short Bubba. It was an ok install but that car is torn to shit now. Guy tried to sell it to me the other day. Not knowing what cutty he was talking about, I went to look @ it. Soon as I seen it I said hell naw!
The frame is twisted to hell & back, the rear quarters are buckled on both sides, has no motor or trans. Just a piece of shit. It was the shit when Bubba first had it built. About 6 people have had that car now. Garbage...
Auto Elect. is now in Muscle Shoals...across the water. Mike House is on his last leg now. No one goes there anymore. After he moved over there, his prices went up. I guess he had to pay for that new building over there. Now you go in there & in the display area theres open holes in 7 out of 10 slots where the CD players go. Open sub holes & shit....
Audio X moved to Florence (kinda like they switched huh?) They got all the business now.
Did you work @ Auto Elect when Chunk or Daniel worked there? Chunk did installs & enclosures. Daniel was in sales up frt. This is when they were on Helton Dr. in Florence.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here a few pics I took of the new/used frame I mentioned earlier. Even though I took these pics w/ my phone, you can still see what I was saying about the junk yard left a good bit on the frame. All of which I'll be removing before I have it sent to sandblast.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 18 2005, 01:00 PM~3837917
Not sure about Chad, but that cutty first belonged to lil short Bubba. It was an ok install but that car is torn to shit now. Guy tried to sell it to me the other day. Not knowing what cutty he was talking about, I went to look @ it. Soon as I seen it I said hell naw!
The frame is twisted to hell & back, the rear quarters are buckled on both sides, has no motor or trans. Just a piece of shit. It was the shit when Bubba first had it built. About 6 people have had that car now. Garbage...
Auto Elect. is now in Muscle Shoals...across the water. Mike House is on his last leg now. No one goes there anymore. After he moved over there, his prices went up. I guess he had to pay for that new building over there. Now you go in there & in the display area theres open holes in 7 out of 10 slots where the CD players go. Open sub holes & shit....
Audio X moved to Florence (kinda like they switched huh?) They got all the business now.
Did you work @ Auto Elect when Chunk or Daniel worked there? Chunk did installs & enclosures. Daniel was in sales up frt. This is when they were on Helton Dr. in Florence.
yeah, i moved just as he was gettin in new building,,i moved back to florida,,..i lived just over across the street in Hermatage apts.,i worked up there with Chunk,chad,daniel,donnie,old guy Larry that done repairs....my name is MO,,,i worked there for close to 2 yrs,i did installs and stuff there......ther was a few other people that came and went while we all were there...i first drove a grey/black old style blazer with 13's,,then got a white cutty,,with 13's....last time i talked to Mike,,he said, he was bout to open store back up in FLorence,and sell building of new one....i remember when bubba had that cutty,,,and he also had that vert 5.0 with rimz..,Chad Boatright had a white 63 2dr with juice....im sure alot has changed since i been there,,,,im sure i probly seen u if u went up there...but yeah,,,all of us was close,,i hated moving back to FLorida,,but thats where my family was so,had to come back :/

oh,,and im the one who painted the mural things in the waiting room (if u ever seen that) :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts