LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Originally posted by TuCamote@Aug 19 2005, 10:25 AM~3656226
Sup Fellas, just bought replacements speakers for my doors, do I have ro remove the whole panel to replace them or just the bottom carpet part?
I don't own a caddy, so I can't possibly know... :uh:

You have to remove the whole door panel in order to do it correctly... :cool:

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
Your car does not have 4x6's ( you might have looked up a front wheel drive fleetwood with speakers in the dash). I painted my fleetwood last month , and had to take off door panels there is a 5 1/2 or 6 inch speaker not exactly sure on size, but its not a 4x6. You see that small black square in front of your interior door handle, thats a tweeter.

Like the other guy said you need to take the door panels off, I would recomend a door panel remover tool.

·
Registered
17,834 Posts
Originally posted by KandyRedLac@Aug 19 2005, 12:05 PM~3657593
Your car does not have 4x6's ( you might have looked up a front wheel drive fleetwood with speakers in the dash). I painted my fleetwood last month , and had to take off door panels there is a 5 1/2 or 6 inch speaker  not exactly sure on size, but its not a 4x6.  You see that small black square in front of your interior door handle, thats a tweeter.

Like the other guy said you need to take the door panels off, I would recomend a door panel remover tool.
wtf a tweeter in a 93 fleet? i coulda swore they were 4x6"?

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
The "basic" stereo will most likely have the 4x6's and the "premium sound" setup will have the 5.25 or 6.5 and a remote tweeter...

Remove all doubt, take the panel off and see what's there... ;)

Manuals and online manuals and people in stores are just a reference and often incorrect because they can't possibly cover ALL setups with car manufacturers changing shit mid year and changing options here and there...

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 19 2005, 04:35 PM~3658706
The "basic" stereo will most likely have the 4x6's and the "premium sound" setup will have the 5.25 or 6.5 and a remote tweeter...

Remove all doubt, take the panel off and see what's there...  ;)

Manuals and online manuals and people in stores are just a reference and often incorrect because they can't possibly cover ALL setups with car manufacturers changing shit mid year and changing options here and there...
If those are factory 4x6's please post em..I've never seen 4x6's in a Bigbody..

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
Originally posted by k gee@Aug 19 2005, 01:52 PM~3657802
wtf a tweeter in a 93 fleet? i coulda swore they were 4x6"?
like he said, that square is a tweet. No 4x6's in Bigbodies..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Originally posted by TuCamote@Aug 19 2005, 02:16 PM~3658197
thats what i was told by crutchfield and also my local installer,, mo fo ers.....
they 4x6, they 4x6, maybe if i keep repeating it, they will...never fukin mind :mad:

I think they r famous for the wrong speaker info...I have a mazda protege and the speaker guide in Crutchfield said I only had a 5 1/4 or 5 1/2 in the door...pulled me panel and its alot bigger...Im pretty sure I could put a 6 3/4...but I did get a 6 1/2 with plenty of room to spare around the hole openenig and with tha window rolled down....they say they have the info and brag about it...WE CAN HELP.....I guess only if ya call them and spend your cash they will !!!!!! :angry:

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
The panel on your Fleetwood is easy to take off, One screw under the door handle, then 2 screws under your handle you pull to shut the door. The rest snaps in, just take out those screws and pop it off..

·
Registered
15,630 Posts
actually, my caprice had factory 4x6s in the door......i had to make a baffle for 6.5s

·
Registered
180 Posts
There's a 4x6 paper cone POS and a tweeter above it in there .
You can fit 6.5's easily with a baffle to close the opening .

·
Banned
9,973 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 23 2005, 06:08 PM~3678586
I love how my post got deleted where I posted the stereo information for this guy...

I also love how the mods can only delete USEFUL information...  :uh:
fuckin mods :angry: I see why you've changed to that new fourm now :ugh:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 24 2005, 05:21 PM~3685108
It's amusing how I origionally said they were 4x6's, then everyone says they are not, then my origional post gets deleted where I said it, now it turns out they ARE 4x6's...

:around:
*hides from the post deletion mafia*

1 - 20 of 24 Posts