LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had this ride for about a month now. Since I've had it whenever i first take off the first initial shift is real real slow. Whether i ease it or kinda floor it it will kind of drag up to about 30mph and then it will give a real strong shift, a pretty big kick! I don't know much but i was worried so i took it to my mechanic to drive it. He said that he wouldn't be worried about the tranny and that he actually likes the fact that it kicks so hard, he likes the strong shift and said its when you don't feel it shift at all when the tranny is going out.

The thing is if i remember correctly when my brothers tranny in his marquis started slipping into neutral i think it had the same kind of "drag" to it too...

Is this normal for a 93 caddy, or any homies just have some input?!?!

much appreciated :cool: :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
usually when a tranny shifts hard...either a mounts loose or broken...or the tranny's going out...it should shift smoothly...not jerk...and if its dragging ass to shift...then maybe the tranny's going out.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
usually when a tranny shifts hard...either a mounts loose or broken...or the tranny's going out...it should shift smoothly...not jerk...and if its dragging ass to shift...then maybe the tranny's going out.

guess ill just have to wait and see then if it gets any worse... And start saving up too!

anybody who owns a 93 fleetwood have any input too?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by AZLincolnFan@Nov 3 2007, 11:07 PM~9149178
guess ill just have to wait and see then if it gets any worse... And start saving up too!

I'd take it to a transmission shop and let them take a look at it see what they can tell you. I got a 1995 Deville and it shifts smoothly.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Originally posted by AZLincolnFan@Nov 4 2007, 12:07 AM~9149178

Is it a rwd '93 Fleetwood? If so, I have the same year car and they have the 700R4 overdrive transmission. When mine shifts into second gear, you can feel it shift, but its the same no matter if I take off slow or accelerate faster.

Maybe you can check the modulator cable that runs from the tranny to you throttle linkage. If these are loose or out of adjustment, they can cause your trannsmission to seem like it shifts wierd.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i have a 93 fleet and mine shifts hard into 2nd aswell.I thought it might be a problem.But i have been driving it for 3 years and its still fine.

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by bombsaway@Nov 3 2007, 11:14 PM~9149787
I'd take it to a transmission shop and let them take a look at it see what they can tell you.  I got a 1995 Deville and it shifts smoothly.
Yes, let them check it out. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Yea im going to take it to the transmission shop tomorrow.

Im not so worried now that i know others with 93's are having the same thing happen. :cool:

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was looking online and found this out about the tranny

"Automatic transmission: 700-R4 automatic transmissions may shift late or not upshift at all. The problem is a stuck throttle valve inside the transmission. (1993)"

What would a fix like this cost. I know alot of shops try to sell the whole fuckin rebuild kit and lador for outrageous prices even if the vehicle doesn't need a complete rebuild.
I would like to know before i go to the shop so i don't get *****.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I have 2 93's fleetwoods and both of them do dat between 20 and 25, if i gas it it dosen't do it only when im crusin it dose it sometimes :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts