LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the rear drums turned and replaced the shoes and wheel cylinders. Before, none of my warning lights were on. Now, the brake light is on, the anti-lock light is on AND the traction control light is on. Brakes work fine. Bled them twice and already tried to reset the computer by disconnecting the battery. And what does the traction control have to do with the brakes? All I wanted was new brakes. Help me out.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
More than likely a rear anti-lock braking sensor has become damaged or dirty. It's very common on these cars. What isn't common is for people to fix the problem. Most people just let the lights burn out. ;) Your brakes will continue to work fine, except you will not have anti-lock, nor will you have traction control. They two are connect because the sensor detects wheel speed and applies a light brake when the tire is slipping.

As for your brake light being on, that's a different ball game. Your brakes might be adjusted incorrectly, brake fluid low...
Jeff

·
TDMMC
10,886 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 19 2005, 10:31 AM~3842754
More than likely a rear anti-lock braking sensor  has become damaged or dirty.  It's very common on these cars.  What isn't common is for people to fix the problem.  Most people just let the lights burn out.  ;)  Your brakes will continue to work fine, except you will not have anti-lock, nor will you have traction control.  They two are connect because the sensor detects wheel speed and applies a light brake when the tire is slipping.

As for your brake light being on, that's a different ball game.  Your brakes might be adjusted incorrectly, brake fluid low...
Jeff
;) Most likely

1 - 3 of 3 Posts