LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I want to change the steering wheel, without learning what I should of done the hard way. Dont know which fuse is for the airbags. And defenitly dont want passenger side blowin' up on me later on down the line! Any help is appreciated!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
just make sure your whole body is in the car. have seen where my homie had his foot out the door and disconected the battery and it still went off in his face.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by maniak2005@Dec 4 2008, 10:38 PM~12340762
just make sure your whole body is in the car. have seen where my homie had his foot out the door and disconected the battery and it still went off in his face.
:eek:hno: thanks for your help homies! I'm a try not to get blasted!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
i never disconect the battery. but i sit in the car then make sure ignition is off. then i touch the metal of the car (discharge static) then remove air bag making sure my body is completly in the car and not haging out at all. i have never had a bag go off when i didnt want it to.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
After u put in your new wheel ur airbag light is probly gunna stay on..... Are u putting In a wood grain???

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Dec 8 2008, 12:43 PM~12368828
What does a foot hanging out of the car have to do with the airbag deploying? :confused:
To keep your foot/leg from getting broken in the b-pillar after getting propelled into the backseat :dunno:

Its also a good idea to never insert hands or arms through the steering wheel in case it goes off :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I kinda wanna put a 97-99 DeVille steering wheel in my 96Fleetwood. and hook it up to change the radio and temp...... someday maybe

·
Registered
899 Posts
Originally posted by 95ltc@Mar 18 2009, 11:24 PM~13322803
I kinda wanna put a 97-99 DeVille steering wheel in my 96Fleetwood. and hook it up to change the radio and temp...... someday maybe

97-99 devilles did not come with wood grains. Only some Eldorados ETC and some Sevilles STS.. good luck with that cause they were about 1 in a 1000, i searched ebay for years and only found one or two and they were around 400-800 dollars. Radio and temp wont work either totally different system.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Originally posted by kadillak_driver@Mar 19 2009, 12:17 PM~13327185
97-99 devilles did not come with wood grains.  Only some Eldorados ETC and some Sevilles STS..  good luck with that cause they were about 1 in a 1000, i searched ebay for years and only found one or two and they were around 400-800 dollars. Radio and temp wont work either totally different system.

I didnt care to much to have the woodgrain, just those control switches... but they cannot be connected at all?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts