LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Keep it movin'
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the tranny was rebuilt, but the same thing is happening. im going on hearsay wit this one, its a car im thinking about buying, good ride, good deal, but i need a caddy thatll do more than 30 tu sabes any help would.be.appreciated, tanks

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
I had a truck with a 4l60e that was shifting funny,was told it needed rebuild(by trans shop of course),spent $1800 and it started acting up the same way on the ride home,only to find out it was a $150 RPM sensor.....tranny shops are crooks.

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
theres a place on impalassforum.com that does it for $100 I think. If you find a junkyard one you will need the exact same year and if you have a brougham you have to have a brougham computer or if you have towing package you need towing package computer etc etc because of the rear end gear ratios being different. Dealerships can reflash the computer but I dont know how much they charge, they dont call em stealerships for nothin tho. Basically programming can get screwed up in the computer and they just reprogram it to all the original settings.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
hey boss i had a 95 chevy truck and the tranny wasnt shifting but the indicator light for p n d 1 2 3 wasnt lighting up either.. i thought it was the tranny but there was a moduel in the steering collum that had the blinker attahed to it that was bad i took it to a electrical shop swapped it out and all good from there on out... im not saying its ur problem just givin you ideas...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.