LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had wrote on here before about how I changed my battery and car could run fine but when I shut it off and tried to start it again it would run for 20 seconds and cut out, I thought something got reset in computer or something, I realized today that my electric fans are not working, could this make a sensor or something go off if the car gets to hot and shut it down? I know the fans still work but just not when they are supposed to be, because I tried a plug in code reader ( that didnt work) and the fans came on then, so any info will help, Thanks.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by regallowlow187@Jul 31 2005, 07:09 PM
Well I had wrote on here before about how I changed my battery and car could run fine but when I shut it off and tried to start it again it would run for 20 seconds and cut out, I thought something got reset in computer or something, I realized today that my electric fans are not working, could this make a sensor or something go off if the car gets to hot and shut it down? I know the fans still work but just not when they are supposed to be, because I tried a plug in code reader ( that didnt work) and the fans came on then, so any info will help, Thanks.
[snapback]3516980[/snapback]​
I was having the same problem on my 93 Fleetwood. I changed the coolant temp sensor on the block and the relay and they work fine now. Just my 02.

·
Site Administrator
6,796 Posts
Do they run when your A/C is on? They should always be running if the AC is going.

It probably is the sensor. The service manual says the PCM runs them "based on inputs from the A/C system, Engine Coolant Temp Sensor (1st fan turns on at 225 degrees, 2nd fan on at 232 degrees), and Vehicle Speed Sensor"

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys, Im gonna check into these things :cool:

·
FuCk EuRrOnE
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TTT

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by 83Cizzoupe@Sep 8 2005, 06:36 PM~3778990
u need 2 put a bag of ice on the batterie and the motor. stupid ass mu fucka
What kind of response is that?

I would be willing to bet that it's the coolant temperature sensor. But this is what happened to me: The car would be a real hard start, and often stall, but BOTH fans were running, even when the car was cold. Neither fan should be running when the fan is cold. Try to get the DTCs, but it's probably the sensor. Takes about 1 minute to replace. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts