LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup guys i need a little help. i hooked up the power to my continental kit, to pop open when i hit the switch to pop the trunk. it worked when i tested it with the trunk open but when i closed it nothing on my remote (key remote locks) worked at all. it was like a fuse blew out. i checked everything and can't find anything at all. has anyone else had this problem before? what needed to be done to make it work again? oh yea i did check the batteries in the remote plus i have 2 remotes and neither one of them worked.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I have a 93 fleetwood and when my remote stopped working I had to reset it in the trunk. On the left side of the trunk there is a black wire hanging by itself, you need to ground this wire to the car then put the car ignition on but don't turn it on you will here the alarm beep, then push any button on the remote and it will beep and I think the doors will lock and unlock, then remove the grounded black wire and turn your car off and try the remote. I hope this helps cuz I hate to write all this for nuthin. :puffin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks homie i'll try it later :biggrin:

·
I See You Bitch !!!
18,241 Posts
1ST = YOU BLEW THE AUTO SECURITY FUSE .
IT IS LOCATED IN THE TRUNK { PM ME YOUR # & I'LL HELP } TO MUCH TO TYPE
2ND= YOU NEED TO PUT A RELAY IN OR IT WILL HAPPEN EVERYTIME
YOU POP YOUR TRUNK OR KIT .