LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully someone here can help me. The factory air compressor for the rear air shocks on my car kicks on but doesnt lift the car much. Is there a way I can manually inflate them myself to bring the ass end up without taking them off and running new rear airshocks with manual valves? Thanks... ;)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Yeah go buy an air line kit for aftermarket air shocks and use your fittings on it, or go under the car and disconnect the hight sensor lever from the axle. Push it up so it thinks the car is down too low. The compressor will lift the car then,alot. It will come up slow so when you notice it isnt going up anymore,pull the harness apart that goes to the compressor. Thats under the hood next to the compressor.

The car will ride rough and it wont go up quickly but it will get it up there.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
all u need is a lil fitting that comes with air shocks, you have to hook it up to an air compressor. You will have to see what size lines are running off the shocks and go to a place that sells like hydro fittings (parker) and get a T fitting that size.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
well those are the 2 ways of doing it. What i was saying is only if there is something wrong with the compressor to keep ti from building up enough pressure.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by Big Doe@Sep 24 2005, 08:13 PM~3879002
well those are the 2 ways of doing it. What i was saying is only if there is something wrong with the compressor to keep ti from building up enough pressure.
You are right about the fitting, but the easiest way for me to get the fitting was just buy an airline kit and take it out of there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts