LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 97 lincoln town car. the driver side balljoint needs to be replaced do i need an alignment after replacing it. the reason im asking is cause it has 2 bolts on top by the balljoint and they look like they adjust camber. any one done one?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Originally posted by chuyleal48@Jan 1 2009, 03:44 PM~12577395
i got a 97 lincoln town car. the driver side balljoint needs to be replaced do i need an alignment after replacing it. the reason im asking is cause it has 2 bolts on top by the balljoint and they look like they adjust camber. any one done one?

never done it on my lincoln ..only on like GM cars n shit.
but im pretty sure if you replace everything how it was wit the new ball joint. u should be alright and not need to do anything else.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Originally posted by chuyleal48@Jan 1 2009, 01:44 PM~12577395
if you got switches, no, but if its stock, yes, any time you do some work on suppension is best to do the aliment, so your tires wont get fuk up too soon, :biggrin:

·
IS XERXES THE GOD-KING
6,111 Posts
Originally posted by chuyleal48@Jan 1 2009, 01:44 PM~12577395
im not a new car guy, but i think doz 2 bolts ontop of balljoint keep it atachd 2 da control arm. my edsels got 2 bolts keepn top baljoint on, n 3 keepn da lower on

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
YOU SHOULD ALIGN IT ANYWAY . CASTER AND CAMBER SHOULD BE WITHIN .5 OF A DEGREE FROM SIDE TO SIDE NO MATTER WHAT THE READINGS ARE . THEN JUST SET THE TOE AND LET IT GO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts