LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished up my install on my 01 town car and have been braggin how this was my first install that didnt follow up with a few bugs like a leaky dump or cylinder.

I hit my first bug on my 4rth weekend with juice. My trans pan has a 2 inch dip down on it and it scrapped over a bridge and puntured a hole in it.

curious if this is common for 98-02 towncars and if theres any other precautions I should be aware of. This is my first time in 17 years with a newer car other then a G body gettin juice.

I ran 4 pumps, 6 batts, 36 volts to the front, 24 to the rear, 8's and 10's, coil under in the rear to keep it gangster. I figured since I wasnt gonna 3 wheel it. I'd go old school on it and run coil under. Plus it will keep me from gettin 3 wheel happy. Front, back, side to side, rear independents in case I do 3 wheel later down the road. I dont know how solid the lincoln frames are but I see so many with no humps plated and wonder, how do they last?

I choose Low Life Hydraulics for my juice. I hooked up with Rick over at Low Life Hydraulics and spoke with him about my kit and I must say he gave me some awesome service and a sweet price to match.

4 chrome 1/2" pumps
marzoochi heads
1/2" parker checks
3/8's deltrol colorband slowdowns
#8 hoses up front
#6 hoses to the rear
chrome 8's and 10's
deep cups front and back
4 1/2 tons and 3 ton short stack chromes
6 switch panel

so anyways.. I normally post on low-riders.com but I know layitlow has the pros when it comes to stuff like this.. who can tell me the do's and donts on a lincoln? Car hasnt left the ground on 36 volts and I dont plan too.. What should I watch out for next? I'm planning to make a skid plate tieing into the cross member, running back to the trans mount so the pan doesnt get hit again.. or anyone got some better ideas???

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
i havent ran into many problems with the car itself, just like check valves or hoses, other than that it has worked fine ive had the car juiced for 1 year now, but then again i only use it sunday nights to cruise or to a car show

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thats good to hear, mines not a daily driver but it will drive everwhere. no distance is to far for me. I just wanna make sure nuthin else is gonna pop up later down the road... ya know

thanks for the comments fellas

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Originally posted by SiK RyDa@Oct 3 2007, 07:58 AM~8922424
well thats good to hear, mines not a daily driver but it will drive everwhere. no distance is to far for me. I just wanna make sure nuthin else is gonna pop up later down the road... ya know

thanks for the comments fellas
i forgot to mention when i juiced it i drove it to a car show which was about 3 and a half hrs away with no problems i still have a smooth ride but im running a coil over in the back, by the way car looks clean

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I dont know how solid the lincoln frames are but I see so many with no humps plated and wonder, how do they last?

Towncar frames are strong strong mother fuckers and will last pretty damn good. Of course reinforcements is always always the way to go.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Shit I was wondering also, what up with the 4 link, is there any Adjustables that you can buy

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
Originally posted by AZLincolnFan@Oct 3 2007, 01:46 PM~8924831
Towncar frames are strong strong mother fuckers and will last pretty damn good. Of course reinforcements is always always the way to go.
True but the crossmembers are weak. I have seen a couple completely separated.

·
Registered
665 Posts
since you got 10s, you wont have pinion angle problems :O

booo you!

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
:cheesy: beautifull car man, Ive been lookin for a town car for a couple of months now. Good luck wit it :puffin:

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
i almost forgot even though u dont hop its better to make a battery bracket for the car because that plastic shit is gonna break off pretty soon ;)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by lowerdimension63@Oct 3 2007, 03:44 PM~8926130
i almost forgot even though u dont hop its better to make a battery bracket for the car because that plastic shit is gonna break off pretty soon ;)

ahh tips like this will save me some headaches. I'm going to NC in 3 weeks. thats the last thing I need is to have the starter battery drop on me...

this is my first install on a newer car other then a G body. I have 17 years lowriding.

I ran these 14x7s with 175-70-14's with the gangster whites from American Tire and Wheel outa South Dakota or where ever they are. Standing up beside a 155-80-13 they are one inch taller.

lemme see what pics I have..

I really havent been takin many pics since I wrapped it all up 4 weeks ago. been enjoying.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Sexykuta@Oct 3 2007, 02:11 PM~8925379
since you got 10s, you wont have pinion angle problems :O

booo you!

yea I love it, I can lock it up and creep around town and have no shimmys or shakes and the car goes str8 down the road. I do miss 3 wheeling but cant have the best of both worlds yet.

anyone know anything on wether or not these 98-02's will stand a 3 wheel with the factory rear trailing arms or should I 4 link it? I'm not much of a fan on the arms mounted on the sides of the frame.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lil build up...

01 town car
58k miles
white w/ grey interior

14x7s were first on the list. wanted to swap the spindles and shit and run 13s but ya know how ya want somethin right then and there. well i got the car and ordered the wheels the next day. with spacers and some griding. I was bolted up and have had no problems. I know I see alota hate on spacers but they have never done me wrong...

since I'm luxury lowriding I had to have a screen with me

I then moved into this...

no its not an air bag set up...lol

its a train horn

took me 3 damn days of thinkin how the hell am I gonna mount the big ass horns. the longest horn is like 21 inches long.. I finally made em fit.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
i can do a rolling three but not a standing three with the stock trailing arms it usually stays up for a while i guess it needs more weight i got 2 pumps to the back but honestly i recommend a 4 link the arms look weak thats why i dont three wheel too much

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I almost gave up several times and said this shit just aint gonna fit..

was first here but I moved it deeper into the trunk later for the hydros

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
what size wheel spacer's did you use?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts