LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a 98-99 Cadillac Catera as a daily driver. I would be driving it in the winter and in the summer.

Does anyone know of any problems with this car?
Is it reliable? is it worth it? what to look for? etc...

any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Originally posted by TOPDOLA@Nov 6 2003, 04:23 PM
I am thinking of buying a 98-99 Cadillac Catera as a daily driver. I would be driving it in the winter and in the summer.

Does anyone know of any problems with this car?
Is it reliable? is it worth it? what to look for? etc...

any input would be appreciated.
I've got a '99 that I drive everyday. I haven't had any problems with mine and it has been driven alot in the year that I have had it. Just take care of the normal maintainence required for any car and you should be ok.

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
I kinda looked into them right after I bought my IS300 and the biggest thing withthem is that they don't hold their value at all. Another thing is that I have lost hope for all newer american cars, sorry, people. But in my book, old school american cars are still the shit as well as american trucks (escpecially GM) ;)

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
NOOOOO , they dont hold any value and they ride and feel like Malibus with leather go get an STS , Deville , or Fleetwood they all cost about the same as the Catera and they look and ride like Caddies.Ive had a Deville and now Ive got a STS [Seville] and Ive got no compaints

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Nov 15 2003, 05:00 PM
NOOOOO , they dont hold any value and they ride and feel like Malibus with leather go get an STS , Deville , or Fleetwood they all cost about the same as the Catera and they look and ride like Caddies.Ive had a Deville and now Ive got a STS [Seville] and Ive got no compaints
All this is true. I like mine but they don't hold value at all. I've realized this since I bought mine. If thayt is what you really want go ahead and get it but like several others stated look into getting an STS or DeVille.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
I've driven over 50 Caddys and the Catera by far is the worst one. except the Cimmaron. <<-- Cavy with a caddy badge. My mom has had one for 3 yrs. It is way too small and uncomfortable!! No power whatsoever my 4 cylinder is quicker than that junk!!! The oil pressure gauge is always very low. Some pump went out on it the other day and cost $600 just for the part!!!!!! In my opinion get a real caddy!! Matter of fact we have two for sale. a 96 STS and a 95 STS. BUy one or two

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC@Nov 19 2003, 11:06 PM
Whats your guys opinion on the new new one? I think its called the CTS (the little boxy one)
it is nice but the inside is nothing like a real caddy. to space age but it is a nice car. my boy had one at his body shop awhile back and that thing is pretty nice but might pass as a buick or some shit. don't know how it drives though

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
A CTS is a revamped Catera [Catera Touring Sedan] and they did a good job . They ride like a Caddy ,and they do have all the spaceage stuff but its a new Caddy thats what you are paying for. IVE GOT AN STS FOR SALE TOO , COMES WITH 20INCH LEXANIS, 2 HEADREST MONITORS, AND AN ALL KICKER STEREO [2 15s] THE ENGINE AND TRANNY ARE ALSO REBUILT WITH A WARRANTY ONLY 5500.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Nov 22 2003, 03:57 PM
A CTS is a revamped Catera [Catera Touring Sedan] and they did a good job . They ride like a Caddy ,and they do have all the spaceage stuff but its a new Caddy thats what you are paying for. IVE GOT AN STS FOR SALE TOO , COMES WITH 20INCH LEXANIS, 2 HEADREST MONITORS, AND AN ALL KICKER STEREO [2 15s] THE ENGINE AND TRANNY ARE ALSO REBUILT WITH A WARRANTY ONLY 5500.
whats wrong with it?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
The cover on the drivers seat needs to be redone but ill do it if somrone wants the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts