LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i got a friend who wants to change the color of his tacoma interior from the stock tan/brown to all black... the fabric panels, carpet, seats, all that is no problem... but i just had no clue what to do about the steering wheel (cause its got an airbag) the seatbelts, and all the plasitcs (dash, kickpanels, etc)

i figured most of the plastics could be dyed, but i know i cant dye seatbelts, and what about the steering wheel?? will the dye just wear off eventually??

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by bigbear@Sep 2 2003, 01:41 PM
just buy a after market steering wheel and see if you can find a wrecked truck with that interior and buy it all
i been lookin for both a truck with a black interior, and an aftermarket steering wheel and i cant find either...

i guess toyota didnt make late 90's tacomas with black interiors, and no one sells an aftermarket steeringwheel for a vehicle with an airbag.. :( :uh:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Take the air bag out and the clock spring and install new steering wheel. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DRAGGINTOY@Sep 2 2003, 05:35 PM
Take the air bag out and the clock spring and install new steering wheel. :biggrin:
really its that easy? do i need an adapter kit?? where would i get a wheel? cause anyplace i got and tell them i need a wheel for a tacoma with an airbag they wont sell it to me,

thanks for the info man

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I beleive the column is the same as my toyota column. so it should work.. and don't tell them it's for a taco with an air bag lol

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by DRAGGINTOY@Sep 2 2003, 07:41 PM
I beleive the column is the same as my toyota column. so it should work.. and don't tell them it's for a taco with an air bag lol
sweet man thanks ill give it a shot

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by shredder130@Sep 3 2003, 08:16 AM
i wouldn't fuck with the air bag in my state if sell the car or someone borrows it and they get torn to hell because the airbag didn't deploy the person who removedit is responsible
oohh...... damn.. :( :uh: :0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts