Registered
11,295 Posts
Been meaning to do this to mine!

Great info!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The reason i left the old caliper connected was to minimize the brake fluid lost while completing these other steps.
I then unbolted the brake line off of the old caliper and bolted it to the new caliper.

I ran into a slight problem, my brakes kept leaking after i bolted it up to the new caliper. since they are different years of calipers the brass spacers are a different size causing it to let the bolt turn more than it should which led to the fluid holes not lining up. i came across an easy and free fix.

I took the bolt out of the brake line that was factory, you will notice the bolts are the same thread but the factory brake line bolt for the 2000 caliper is recessed at the top and the brass seal sits tight on there.
I pulled the brass seal off and took the bolt off. I then compared the bolts. The bolt that came off of the 94 caliper was the same thread but with out a recessed top. i used that bolt with the bigger seals from the 94 and the problem was solved. no leaks.

Here is a comparrison of the two bolts, the bottom one is the one i used.

*Also note you still need to make sure your holes are aligned so the fluid can pass threw.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Double check everything and make sure your ball joints are tight and your tie rod is tight. be sure you tighten your tie rod sleeve bolts also so it does not spin either inward or outward. re bleed your brakes to be sure all air is out of the lines and they are firm.

Here is the finished product... Repeat all these steps for the passenger side as well.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Sep 25 2007, 04:31 PM~8868494
nice writeup!  so do 13's fit on now with no spacers and no grinding?
The people gave me the advice on how to do the swap said yes, they fit with out any further modification. I am running 14's so i really couldn't tell you right at the moment. I have some spare 13's, i'll throw them on sometime this weekend to give all of you a positive answer to that question.

And thanks for the props! :biggrin:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by G-body4life@Sep 25 2007, 06:39 PM~8868569
The people gave me the advice on how to do the swap said yes, they fit with out any further modification. I am running 14's so i really couldn't tell you right at the moment. I have some spare 13's, i'll throw them on sometime this weekend to give all of you a positive answer to that question.

And thanks for the props!  :biggrin:
shit I'll be running 14's anyway since it's my daily driver. thanks for the info homie.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The wheels dont stick out..

Color matched dish and hub, alternating spokes, Thanks HOMEBOYZ wire wheels.
I plan on breaking it all up with some royal blue pinstriping and a little silver leafing.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Originally posted by FROSTY90@Sep 27 2007, 08:59 AM~8880071
NICE CAR :biggrin: HERES MINE :cheesy:

Nice ride bro... :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Originally posted by lone star@Sep 27 2007, 10:48 AM~8880856
i thought the whole point of the spindle swap was to run 13's
For most people it is, but you cant run 14's safely without doing it either.
imo i couldn't see running 13's on this car due to how heavy it is and how it rides.

21 - 40 of 621 Posts