LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
למה אני &#1506
Joined
·
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive replace the idle control valve the fuel pressure regulator and cleaned the MAF sensor, it has a loss of power, runs very sluggish and has random power boosts.....im going nutz please help
 
G

·
check all vacums lines,and if u removed the mass air flow sensor check the porcelain fitting to see if it cracked
 

·
למה אני &#1506
Joined
·
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Havoc1985@Dec 3 2008, 01:28 AM~12319794
check all vacums lines,and if u removed the mass air flow sensor check the porcelain fitting to see if it cracked
what porcelain fitting? and yes the check engine light is on
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,540 Posts
whats the codes
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
running lean... leaking intake manifold gaskets. If I'm right, have them replace the intake with a new unit that has the aluminum water manifold up front.

:cool:
 

·
למה אני &#1506
Joined
·
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Dec 3 2008, 06:30 PM~12325931
running lean...  leaking intake manifold gaskets.  If I'm right, have them replace the intake with a new unit that has the aluminum water manifold up front.

:cool:
already did that, i had to replace right when i bawt the car 2 months ago :cool: i went to autozone and had it tested today, they said its my fuel pressure sensor its on the fuel pump and they said i have to replace the whole unit...$248 :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Have you checked fuel pump pressure at the injector rail with the car running in park and at highway speeds? This way you can verify if its the sensor or the pump.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Next is checking the exhaust for being plugged up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,920 Posts
can always do a current ramp test on the fuel pump to check and see if is getting weak... but to do that you will need a lab scope with an amp clamp or a mutlimeter with an amp clamp..
 

·
למה אני &#1506
Joined
·
13,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by kandylac@Dec 3 2008, 11:33 PM~12329084
Have you checked fuel pump pressure at the injector rail with the car running in park and at highway speeds? This way you can verify if its the sensor or the pump.
i already changed the one on the fuel rail, thanks thou....there telling me its the one on the fuel pump
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top