LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a salvage yard in AZ just told me that the upper control arm on an s-10 could be used as a "servicable replacement part" for a G body....

anybody ever heard of this. he said something like 78-99 is interchangable :dunno:

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
same!

G

·
you can also use the caprice a-arms instead of extending the g-body a-arms just have to do a little modifiation i did it to my cutlass

·
Premium Member
34,400 Posts
Originally posted by 357IN602@Sep 20 2005, 02:13 PM~3850523
just confirmed it with GM DEALERSHIP.  interchangable!

yeah I noticed that today at the garage I stopped by today.. they were removing the bushings on s-10 control arms for a customer and They were sure as hell the same thing as G-body arms..

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
It's actually pretty well known to S-10 guys that is is actually considered a G-body! The 2wd front suspension is exactly the same (springs may be stiffer). Everything up front is interchangeable as far as i know.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by BigPoppaPump@Sep 22 2005, 04:31 PM~3867083
It's actually pretty well known to S-10 guys that is is actually considered a G-body!  The 2wd front suspension is exactly the same (springs may be stiffer).  Everything up front is interchangeable as far as i know.
if its pretty well known, how come i had to ask my gm parts guy to verify and he didnt even know?

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Originally posted by 357IN602@Sep 22 2005, 07:54 PM~3867219
if its pretty well known, how come i had to ask my gm parts guy to verify and he didnt even know?
I cant speak for your parts guy, but most people I know know that. :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts