LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

99 saturn

606 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  lincolnswanga 
#1 ·
damn this car is a piece of crap i got it free so im not trippin but the car runs fine but then somedays it wont start it cranks but wont turn over and i already searched all over the internet and i guess all saturns have this problem anybody have a clue what it could be ?????????? :mad:

#2 ·
can you hear the fuel pump coming on?

#4 ·
get a noid light for the injectors to see if they fire...

#6 ·
Originally posted by lincolnswanga@Jan 20 2010, 10:30 AM~16350972
i think it might be the cps (crankshaft position sensor) im gonna swap it out today
well? i am curious about this info, i haven't seen one with an intermittent problem its either works or don't .... :wow: :wow:

#7 ·
nope i swapped it out last night and it still didnt turn over so i got my test light and tested the fuel pump fuse and it was not getting any power when trying to crank the car so just to see i ran a wire from the ignition fuse to the fuel pump fuse and bam it started up so basically i need to figure out why the fuel pump isnt gettin power??? :angry:

#8 ·
computer problem, we had the same thing on a van at the shop.......

#9 ·
it might be none of the above.

its the electrical part of the key cylinder on the column, it wears out. take off the column plastic, its on the left, white plastic harness going into it. wires are probably red, yellow, pink, etc. etc. its a common problem with Saturns.

done the swap in a few minutes on my brother's Ion. intermittent fail.

#10 ·
Does the security light ever come on the dash? I had had this problem with mine.

#14 ·
yeah i got it to start now i took apart the damn inside fuse box and noticed that the main power wire going to it was all fried up so cleaned it all up and put it back together and so far so good the little junker is running around :biggrin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.