LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M GOING TO PUT SOME CAPRICE UPPER A-ARM'S TO GET A 1 INCH EXTENTION, BUT IS THAT TO MUCH?, IS HALF INCH BETTER? I DON'T HOP AND I HATE THE BULLDOG LOOK. I JUST WAN'T A BETTER OFFSET SO IT LOOK'S BETTER WHEN I'M LOCKED UP. I'M GONNA DO THIS.
http://www.lowridermagazine.com/tech/0204l...swap/index.html

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 5 2009, 12:44 PM~12611051
I'M GOING TO PUT SOME CAPRICE UPPER A-ARM'S TO GET A 1 INCH EXTENTION, BUT IS THAT TO MUCH?, IS HALF INCH BETTER? I DON'T HOP AND I HATE THE BULLDOG LOOK. I JUST WAN'T A BETTER OFFSET SO IT LOOK'S BETTER WHEN I'M LOCKED UP. I'M GONNA DO THIS.

what kind of vehicle...its not wise to just do uppers becuz the uppers balljoint location is different than on a g bodies balljoint location...if ur doing it on a g body car

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 5 2009, 01:19 PM~12611368
what kind of vehicle...its not wise to just do uppers becuz the uppers balljoint location is different than on a g bodies balljoint location...if ur doing it on a g body car
it's a 86 cutlass

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 5 2009, 01:19 PM~12611368
so are you saying I have to put on the caprice lower's also, won't that just take away the extention and just make the whole wheel stick out farther? now i'm confused.

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 5 2009, 12:39 PM~12611568
so are you saying I have to put on  the caprice lower's also, won't that just take away the extention and just make the whole wheel stick out farther? now i'm confused.

extend your stock arms inch and a half homie ;)

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 5 2009, 11:44 AM~12611051

carpice arms are already an inch longer than g bodys

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by .TODD@Jan 5 2009, 01:55 PM~12611711
carpice arms are already an inch longer than g bodys
IT SEEM'S LIKE LESS WORK IF I GO WITH THE CAPRICE UPPER'S, THAT WAY I DON'T HAVE TO CHOP ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE ARM'S. CHECK OUT THE LINK I POSTED, WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 5 2009, 01:00 PM~12611758
IT SEEM'S LIKE LESS WORK IF I GO WITH THE CAPRICE UPPER'S, THAT WAY I DON'T HAVE TO CHOP ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE ARM'S. CHECK OUT THE LINK I POSTED, WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

if you dont like the bull dogg look and you can got with caprice arms and caprice spindles that will get you your look your looking for you dont have to modify the arms any further

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 5 2009, 02:00 PM~12611758
yes the caprice and caddy arms are 1 inch longer than the stock g body arm..but in order to fit those arms on a g body u have to cut the ears off of them and shrink them in to match what the g body a arms ears are at..becuz u have to use the g body A arm rod mount....

just like i mentioned

Here's the important trick to the tech: you now need to use the stock Regal cross shaft instead of the Caprice shaft. Having the A-arm notched out as you see will allow the A-arm to be closed as the cross shaft pulls the arms closer. You also need to tighten the shaft from both sides going back and forth.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 5 2009, 02:17 PM~12611920
yes the caprice and caddy arms are 1 inch longer than the stock g body arm..but in order to fit those arms on a g body u have to cut the ears off of them and shrink them in to match what the g body a arms ears are at..becuz u have to use the g body A arm rod mount....
OK :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 5 2009, 02:19 PM~12611932
OK  :thumbsup:
but like i said also the location of the balljoint on the caprice/caddy A arms is sloped different than on a g body A arm...

·
Registered
14,438 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 5 2009, 01:21 PM~12611950
but like i said also the location of the balljoint on the caprice/caddy A arms is sloped different than on a g body A arm...

:yessad: unfortuanantly

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by .TODD@Jan 5 2009, 02:59 PM~12612265
:yessad:  unfortuanantly
yep..but u just need the rest of the suspension lol

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 5 2009, 03:29 PM~12612546
yep..but u just need the rest of the suspension lol
so is lowridermag full of shit, what do you meen by the, rest of suspension? spindle and lower arm also? I just want to know what all to grab from the junkyard. the article made it seem like they only swaped the upper control arms.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Originally posted by TOPPLESS86@Jan 5 2009, 04:03 PM~12612830
so is lowridermag  full of shit, what do you meen by the, rest of suspension? spindle and lower arm also? I just want to know what all to grab from the junkyard. the article made it seem like they only swaped the upper control arms.

from what I'm told, you're better off using the caprice spindles too,but use the stock lowers.

1" is alot, you will have the bulldog look everywhere but locked up

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 5 2009, 03:10 PM~12612894
from what I'm told, you're better off using the caprice spindles too,but use the stock lowers.

1" is alot, you will have the bulldog look everywhere but locked up
not really !!! i did my regal with caprice,,a arms,,the ball joint isnt even gonna affect it at all,,and it truly gave me 3/4 inch which is pefrect for a basic set up,,i even hopped a few inches gas hoppin,,and dont forget the shims,,just do upper caprice,,you dont cyt ears eitherjust cut the center of the arms,replace bushings with g body,,at the same time install the gbody rod,,slowly squeeze the arms together evenly,,till they stop,,,

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
oh and plate the top of the arm and cut out for cylinder,,
youll also gain a higher lock up,,looks sick,,ill post pics in a few

1 - 20 of 72 Posts