LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im putting a motor out or a 86 caprice in my 83 monte this weekend and already have the pumps ready!!! my ? is will the a arms out of the caprice fit on the monte? and if so are they more sturdy? thanks>>>>>>>>>>>> ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
they will fit perfectly...elimanates havin to extend goodluck

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
from what iv heard and seen in magazines you have to make slight mod to the arm because the caprice arm has a hole that the clyinder goes through, you will have to cut it so the hole is open and it would be best to plate it

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Youve got to use the pivots out of the MC on the caprice a arms

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
the g-body shaft is too long...you have to cut the arms and sqeeze it together then weld it back up.....i think

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Caprice a-arms will NOT just bolt right to a Monte frame... you either have to modify the tower that they mount to, or you have to modify the arm to fit the Monte's shaft.

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Dec 29 2003, 11:10 PM
the g-body shaft is too long...you have to cut the arms and sqeeze it together then weld it back up.....i think
too short!! ;) The caprice shafts are to long!! It is a big pain in the ass if you ask me!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
970 Posts
man i never did it my self but lowrider had an article on the sibject of caprice a arms match perfectly on a g body u do have to use the g body shaft however...according to lowrider magazine it will work fine....the caprice a arms are a bit longer but thats why u should swappem in elimanates havin to xtend :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Dec 31 2003, 04:54 PM
man i never did it my self but lowrider had an article on the sibject of caprice a arms match perfectly on a g body u do have to use the g body shaft however...according to lowrider magazine it will work fine....the caprice a arms are a bit longer but thats why u should swappem in elimanates havin to xtend :biggrin:
NO, they were modified to fit the g-body shaft... the person that did the install cut the whole center out of the a-arm and squeezed it together onto the shaft, then he replaced the whole top of the arm with metal.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by kaptonkrewl2003@Dec 31 2003, 04:54 PM
hey I wonder who they did that artical on , could that have been ......aaaaaaah.....ME Its not that hard to con vert, you can cut the hole area out and the put the G body bar in and it will close up but it will tweek up in the center a little , buy it an ez way . Or take out the center and plate it , it all takes less than an hour to do a set.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by edmunds costoms hyd+Dec 31 2003, 05:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (edmunds costoms hyd @ Dec 31 2003, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--kaptonkrewl2003@Dec 31 2003, 04:54 PM
man i never did it my self but lowrider had an article on the sibject of caprice a arms match perfectly on a g body u do have to use the g body shaft however...according to lowrider magazine it will work fine....the caprice a arms are a bit longer but thats why u should swappem in  elimanates havin to xtend :biggrin:
hey I wonder who they did that artical on , could that have been ......aaaaaaah.....ME Its not that hard to con vert, you can cut the hole area out and the put the G body bar in and it will close up but it will tweek up in the center a little , buy it an ez way . Or take out the center and plate it , it all takes less than an hour to do a set.[/b][/quote]
haha... I was waiting for you to reply... ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Dec 31 2003, 05:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Dec 31 2003, 05:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -edmunds costoms [email protected] 31 2003, 05:45 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--kaptonkrewl2003
@Dec 31 2003, 04:54 PM
man i never did it my self but lowrider had an article on the sibject of caprice a arms match perfectly on a g body u do have to use the g body shaft however...according to lowrider magazine it will work fine....the caprice a arms are a bit longer but thats why u should swappem in  elimanates havin to xtend :biggrin:

hey I wonder who they did that artical on , could that have been ......aaaaaaah.....ME Its not that hard to con vert, you can cut the hole area out and the put the G body bar in and it will close up but it will tweek up in the center a little , buy it an ez way . Or take out the center and plate it , it all takes less than an hour to do a set.
haha... I was waiting for you to reply... ;) :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
and you know this , got to wank my chain once in a while, but i dont always reply on this topic :cool:

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Anint got nothing going on to night , might sneek off to the shop if LOL gets borring . Afraid to drink the cops are looking for up to slip.

·
Registered
970 Posts
ya aight i was half right... good thing for other lowriders together we got a wealth of knowledge thanx for correcting me ,now i know ..and its cuz of lil :0

1 - 14 of 14 Posts