LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
october is just arounf thew corner. mid october is when i park the car for the winter.
this years sence it didnt get sold nor traded i decided to so some shit to it

but first my questions:
1) what other models have the same a-arms as my 95 fleetwood?
2) how hard is it ( and price ) to change out bushings?

i plan on redoing the a-arms. my car has never sat level. my theory is cause the homie who extended mine went staright across on one a-arm, and kinda at an angle on the other ( pros- would this make it set 1/2-3/4 lower then one side?)
while extending im also gonna reinforce the uppers, and the lowers.
im gonna add chains to the lowers, and reinforce the ears, and frame.

any guidence,pics, tips, and what ever else is welcome.

on the back, i am adding a chain bridge. pulling the stock perches off. re-doing the rear archs. <------ any pics and tips is wanted here also.
about 4 more weeks before it goes up on jack stands. any pics, i will save
thank you in advanced

oh, 1 more quistion. sence i wont have room for subs after 12 batteries go in. can i have the set up with 3 batts on each side, and 6 lined up closer to the back seat and still 3?
or will i have to have the 12 batteries all the way back twords the rear of the car.
all in all - 3 pumps, 4 dumps, 12 batteries, chained.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Sup Homie?
1st- Is your third pump going to the frt. or back?
2nd- As you know, 93-96 would definately be the same arms. Other models, I doubt it. Maybe other years. Maybe someone else will know fo-sho.
3rd- You know my view on the a-arm situation.
4th- What I'm doing on the rear of my hopper (its a big bodi too :biggrin: ) & my show Lac is cutting off the perches completely. Then adding a 6" c-channel across where the perches were. Of coarse w/ holes for the cylinders. Now on my hopper, same deal but it'll also be chained. Keep up w/ my build up & you'll see it or I know theres some others who have done it as well. I just don't know who right off...

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
own the bridge I would use 7 in channel so that the springs fit in good, as for the bushing on the front you can press them out and back in with a small press, the bushing are around 12 or so bucks a set.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by 64@Sep 18 2005, 08:12 PM~3839809
own the bridge I would use 7 in channel so that the springs fit in good, as for the bushing on the front you can press them out and back in with a small press, the bushing are around 12 or so bucks a set.
Yeah, I could see using 7". Might do that myself. Have to order that though. Here, 6" is commonly in stock which is why I was going w/ it. 7" would give a little "elbow room".
Oh yeah, as for bushings, I'm going w/ Energy Suspension. You might wanna check them out before you make a decision on buying some.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. the 2 pumps in the trunk are gonna be for the rear. the new 3rd pump will be a pro hopper la series for the front. as for the bridge, im also cuttin out the pring purcheses.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by juggalo4life@Sep 18 2005, 09:17 PM~3840234
thanks guys. the 2 pumps in the trunk are gonna be for the rear. the new 3rd pump will be a pro hopper la series for the front.  as for the bridge, im also cuttin out the pring purcheses.
If you'll have 2 to the back, I wouldn't worry about the batts under the rear deck. You'll power 3 anyway. However, from a hopping stand point, I'd try to put as much weight as I can toward the rear, i.e. I wouldn't put the batts under the rear deck, I'd put them as far back as I could unless thats just the look you want...

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 19 2005, 08:27 AM~3841619
If you'll have 2 to the back, I wouldn't worry about the batts under the rear deck. You'll power 3 anyway. However, from a hopping stand point, I'd try to put as much weight as I can toward the rear, i.e. I wouldn't put the batts under the rear deck, I'd put them as far back as I could unless thats just the look you want...
i just want a "clean" trunk and not looking cluttered.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by G-body4life@Sep 19 2005, 02:43 PM~3843766
yea i'd say that would make it sit lower on one side, is the side thats cut crooked the higher side??
yeah it is. what i did was cut an extra 1/2 off the coil on that side to lay level. but locked up, i cant do anything with. i know 1/2 aint much, but it gets to you after awhile. and little pissy shit east at me more then the big shit.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by 8FoCutty@Sep 19 2005, 04:55 PM~3844726
who made those???
a homie of mine. im gonna get stock ones and do them myself this time around.
thanks everyone.
who would of known a little off the center would off 1/2'' :dunno:

time to call the junk yards :thumbsup:

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
93-96 Cadillacs have different cross shafts, but that is it. The cross shaft is flat through the center on both of them where others have one flat and one round.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by timdog57@Sep 19 2005, 05:22 PM~3844868
93-96 Cadillacs have different cross shafts, but that is it.  The cross shaft is flat through the center on both of them where others have one flat and one round.
just swap shafts?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.