LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I LOVE ALL THOSE FINISHED A-ARM EXTENDED BUT CAN ANY ONE POST PICS OF THE STEP BY STEP EXTENDED ARMS I'M GOING TO TRY AND DO MY CADDY'S ARMS OVER MYSELF I HAVE A GOOD IDEA FROM MY OLD WAYS (EXTENDED A 1) AND FROM THE PICS (UPPER A-ARM) I NEED MORE 1 1/2 OR 2 SO THEY WANT BUTTERFLY WHEN THE CARS LOCKED UP IN THE FRONT (HELP!!!!!!) :cool:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
HERES A PIC OF MY A-ARMS WHEN I WAS STILL WORKING ON EM, THE TOP 3/16" STEEL PLATE IS NOT WELDED YET IN THIS PIC AS YOU SEE, YOU CAN PEEP IT IN THE BACKGROUND...

1.1/2" EXTENSION WITH 1/4" STEELPLATES STRAPPED ON THE SIDES...

THEY ARE IN THE CHROMESHOP AS WE SPEAK WITH A NEW BOLT PATTERN FOR THOSE NAPA BALLJOINTS TO FIT...

IN THIS PIC YOU CAN SEE THE EXTENSION PIECE JUST BEFORE THE BUSHINGHOLE ON THE INSIDE...

Last edited by badass 64 at Sep 28 2003, 12:38 PM

·
Registered
137 Posts
ive got some step by step pics for you :cool:

here we go

youmust draw a line on both sides whit a extension of 1, 1/2 inch from the side of the arm

and cut it whit a saw

here are the ears off

·
Registered
137 Posts

then you take a 1 inch wide plate in the same thiknes as the a - arm and spot weld it whit a extension of 3 mm for true and true welding !!!

and weld it true and true

·
Registered
137 Posts
i also extended the small edges on top of the arms for a originali look !!

then you sanded it

and the final result of extending the a arm

now i wil sow you how to reinforced it
you take a 6 mm steel plate and cut it like the arm and make a hole for the bushing

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thats me '!!!!!!!! hahahahaa :biggrin: :cool:
and yess its a co2 welder i have a 160 amps welder for the arms etc and i have weld my x frame whit a 250 amps welder

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
from one rider to another now that's real help i what to do it my self but how much would you charge to do my a-arms for my caddy and again thanks for all the pic going to save them!!! :cool:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks Homies for your positive comments .

I live in Holland Europe
thats a real long way to come over here :biggrin:
Ive you or me' live a litlle closer to each other ,
i had it made for you Homie :cool:

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and again thanks for the pics and can you are someone else post the pics and how to do it by cutting them in half just want to see both on the step by step so i can see the best way to do them myself my local welding shop said they'll help or we'll do it together just want to get the most information that i can thanks :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts