LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you know when its fucked up?

on my car the front part, which looks like a triangle spins, stop, spin, stops ,and so on

is it supposed to do that?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Nov 18 2008, 03:01 PM~12193513
how do you know when its fucked up?

on my car the front part, which looks like a triangle spins, stop, spin, stops ,and so on

is it supposed to do that?
That's your clutch engaging and disengaging. It's a normal function but if it happens too often then you have problems. Could be low refrigerant. you need to get a refrigerant gauge set or take it to a shop and have them check it. Do you have cold air at all?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cool:
so it works...
yeah it happens in about a min or less intervals. and no it dosent have any refrigerant. i was just testing out the new blower motor

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Nov 18 2008, 04:15 PM~12194360
so it works...
yeah it happens in about a min or less intervals. and no it dosent have any refrigerant. i was just testing out the new blower motor
If you are low or have no refrigerant then your description is normal.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
NEED TO CHECK THE LOW AND HIGH SIDE PREASSURES, WITH A SET OF MANIFOLD GUAGES, THAT WILL GIVE YOU A STATE OF CHARGE.

·
Registered
281 Posts
the triangle thing or clutch is not spiing or doing anything...

fuses and wires seem to be connected and have power thorugh them.

Its an 88 MC LX, any ideas?

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by hotrodhomi@Nov 19 2008, 10:59 AM~12199529
If you are low or have no refrigerant then your description is normal.
x2-if its clear out clutch wont engage,thought my caddy had busted compressor till i charged it,at first it wouldnt kick on at all,then did what your describing,then stayed on finally when i got coolant close to full :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Gold86@Sep 23 2010, 06:36 PM~18644888
ok, the wires are not getting power to the compressor.

Any idead where to start?
if it has no coolant it wont send power to compressor/clutch-if it does have coolant start with fuse then relay then sensor ect..... could also be faulty switch in climate controls ,busted vacuum line and so on-start simple then look into pricy shit,or just roll windows down :biggrin:

·
Registered
281 Posts
yup, it is clear out.... I will recharge this week and we will see what happens.

thanks! :)
Originally posted by danp68@Sep 24 2010, 05:12 AM~18650055
if it has no coolant it wont send power to compressor/clutch-if it does have coolant start with fuse then relay then sensor ect..... could also be faulty switch in climate controls ,busted vacuum line and so on-start simple then look into pricy shit,or just roll windows down  :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by kandylac@Sep 28 2010, 08:25 PM~18685479
COOLANT is for the engine.

fixed. ;)
oh hell lol-you know what i meant lol-i have a habit of sayin that by accident :yessad:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks to all the replies!

It was the switch on the Refridgereant Canister, it was out....I just used a paper clip to bypass it and the clutch kicked on and it works.

Ill be recharging it tomorrow!

Thanks again! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts