LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you know when its fucked up?

on my car the front part, which looks like a triangle spins, stop, spin, stops ,and so on

is it supposed to do that?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Nov 18 2008, 03:01 PM~12193513
how do you know when its fucked up?

on my car the front part, which looks like a triangle spins, stop, spin, stops ,and so on

is it supposed to do that?
That's your clutch engaging and disengaging. It's a normal function but if it happens too often then you have problems. Could be low refrigerant. you need to get a refrigerant gauge set or take it to a shop and have them check it. Do you have cold air at all?

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:cool:
so it works...
yeah it happens in about a min or less intervals. and no it dosent have any refrigerant. i was just testing out the new blower motor

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by ROBERTO G@Nov 18 2008, 04:15 PM~12194360
:cool:
so it works...
yeah it happens in about a min or less intervals. and no it dosent have any refrigerant. i was just testing out the new blower motor
If you are low or have no refrigerant then your description is normal.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by hotrodhomi@Nov 19 2008, 10:59 AM~12199529
If you are low or have no refrigerant then your description is normal.
x2-if its clear out clutch wont engage,thought my caddy had busted compressor till i charged it,at first it wouldnt kick on at all,then did what your describing,then stayed on finally when i got coolant close to full :cheesy:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by Gold86@Sep 23 2010, 06:36 PM~18644888
ok, the wires are not getting power to the compressor.

Any idead where to start?
if it has no coolant it wont send power to compressor/clutch-if it does have coolant start with fuse then relay then sensor ect..... could also be faulty switch in climate controls ,busted vacuum line and so on-start simple then look into pricy shit,or just roll windows down :biggrin:

·
Registered
281 Posts
yup, it is clear out.... I will recharge this week and we will see what happens.

thanks! :)
Originally posted by danp68@Sep 24 2010, 05:12 AM~18650055
if it has no coolant it wont send power to compressor/clutch-if it does have coolant start with fuse then relay then sensor ect..... could also be faulty switch in climate controls ,busted vacuum line and so on-start simple then look into pricy shit,or just roll windows down  :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by kandylac@Sep 28 2010, 08:25 PM~18685479
COOLANT is for the engine.

fixed. ;)
oh hell lol-you know what i meant lol-i have a habit of sayin that by accident :yessad:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Thanks to all the replies!

It was the switch on the Refridgereant Canister, it was out....I just used a paper clip to bypass it and the clutch kicked on and it works.

Ill be recharging it tomorrow!

Thanks again! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.